cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1989 Tony Awards Photo - Need Some ID Help

This is a photo from the 1989 Tony Awards, signed by Boyd Gaines who won the Best Featured Actor award that year.  The men on each end are John Lithgow and B. D. Wong who were presenters at the Ceremony.  Two questions:

1. Who is the actress in the photo?Scan_20190218C.jpg - looks like she is holding an award but I can't match her face to the winners of that year

2. Boyd Gaines inscribed the photo to "Jimmy and Ramon" - any idea who these were?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: 1989 Tony Awards Photo - Need Some ID Help

Christine Boranski from 'Cybil'..she won several awards for that show.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

His wife, Mary Yeager?

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/mary-yeager-wife?sort=mostpopular&mediatype=photography&phrase=...

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No,

I'm sure it's his wife Mary Yeager.

Look:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/june-1988-new-york-actor-john-lithgow-with-wife-mary-yeager-at-...

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

not that she won a tony for the tv show 'Cybill'..

Baranski won two Tony Awards for Best Featured Actress in a Play for the original Broadway productions of The Real Thing in 1984 and Rumors in 1989. Her other major Broadway credits include Hide and Seek (1980), Hurlyburly (1984), The House of Blue Leaves (1986), Nick & Nora (1991), and Boeing Boeing (2008). Baranski has starred in numerous films, including 9½ Weeks (1986), Legal Eagles (1986), Reversal of Fortune (1990), Addams Family Values (1993), Jeffrey (1995), The Birdcage (1996), Bulworth (1998), Cruel Intentions (1999), Bowfinger (1999), Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), Chicago (2002), Mamma Mia! (2008), The Bounty Hunter(2010), Into the Woods (2014), A Bad Moms Christmas (2017), and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018).

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

"1. Who is the actress in the photo?"

"2. Boyd Gaines inscribed the photo to "Jimmy and Ramon" - any idea who these were?"

It says "thanks for your hospitality" - maybe they worked at a hotel?

Good night and good luck
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes!  I should have recognized her but with her hair color change, she looks so different today!

Thanks for the super fast response from everyone.

Now I hope to find out who Jimmy and Ramon were ...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

are you sure it says Jimmy & Ramon? It could be Jimmy Ramos. That would be somebody being somebody who had them as guests at a hotel or private home. 

I wouldn't pay attention to Jimmy. I got tens of CDs signed to Jimmy, Mary, John, but who knows who they are?

latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Christine Boranski from 'Cybil'..she won several awards for that show.

Yes, here's a picture of her receving the award that night.  Same big square earrings.  Same dress and gloves.  Same woman, for sure. 

hqdefault.jpg

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Knew it was Baranski from the teeth although IMO she looks terrific today. I’m a fan.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply