cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Taxation Without Representation"

Excuse me while I whine...........I had to pay Florida 7% sales tax on 2 coins I purchased today. One seller was from North Carolina, the other Colorado. On occasion I've paid a tax to a Florida seller, but never an out of state seller.   ☹️

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You're actually paying the tax to your state. Starting 7/1/21, Florida started collecting tax on Out of State purchases by their residents.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You're actually paying the tax to your state. Starting 7/1/21, Florida started collecting tax on Out of State purchases by their residents.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay is now collecting sales tax for Florida and remitting it for your district.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Otay! Thanx for the replies.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In the news:

"On Monday (July 1, 2021) Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law (SB 50)a plan to require out-of-state online retailers to collect sales taxes on purchases made by Floridians. It is expected to raise an estimated $1 billion a year in revenue that will help pay for a tax cut for some businesses."

So I, b-17blinker, a 69-year old senior citizen still a 40+ hour/week working stiff has to pay this tax so that a Flor-a-duh business selling widgets and canooter valve modulators for profit gets a tax break ?!?      YUP !

Shakehead.gif

Message 5 of 5
latest reply