cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asian silver bars

any ideas about origin??   I did a spot test with nitric upon purchase and had them scanned today- they scan as .999 pure silver.   That is not the question, it is more, what to call them??  Tibetan?  Hmong?  I have no clue except that they look like they are from Asia somewhere, but I could be way off.  Maybe Africa?  thanks for any help, I can use all the help I can get... oh btw they weigh 17.2019-11-05 17-13-11.963.jpg2019-11-05 17-13-22.760.jpg2019-11-05 17-13-39.963.jpg2019-11-05 17-14-03.385.jpg2019-11-05 17-14-31.370.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

asian silver bars

so far all I am coming up with is that the cucumber shape is similar to the Tiger Tongue boat money or canoe money from Laos /or Siam.

I do not see any with the people on it however,  am still looking....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

asian silver bars

Heron is waiting for an esspert to essplain what are those items!

They are neat, that is for sure.

Heron has NO idea what they are.  Possibly some sort of burial gizmo

for rich people?   Never know about these things.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

asian silver bars

to me it looks like they're mold cast with the intent to make them look like something old and collectible... from the pics they are identical... i don't think they're worth anything but melt...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

asian silver bars

yeah, could be just that worth about $575 total . They are 17.75 oz each and I can get 96% of spot less $.35 per oz - refining but I do about 100 oz or more each time I do a melt and I bought 4 sets of sterling flatware recently. Am trying to peddle that here but it is not as fast as I would like 🙂

thanks Big Bird and Smed, I will wait and see if anyone else stops by... the google search is coming up with nuthin for me so far. I could shoot the pics over to Heritage and see if they have any ideas, I also have a pattern coin to get over to them for the fun show, or is is too late for submissions for that?

this could be the catalyst to get me going to get that done.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

asian silver bars

Heritage got back to me, and told me their their "world guys" would just call them bullion.

so there ya have it, Smed is right AFAIK, and that helps to just figure out what price point to ask. Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply