cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreasonable Buyer got my goat (was my listing wrong?)

Yesterday I got a message from a buyer who is insisting that I did not send what was described. Initially I did make a mistake and sent a roll circulated of 1964 to the buyer who ordered 40 war nickels. I apologized for the error and told the customer to keep the 64's and I will send the war nickels. So for the $35.00 bid the buyer received a roll of 64 and a roll of war nickels (that is a great deal, I just wanted to avoid any hassles.) The buyer sent me an irate message that the correct coins were not sent, (including a picture of the actual correct coins still in the plastic bag I sent them in) . I offered a return of ALL the coins despite my usual no return policy, the Buyer said it was unacceptable and told me I scammed him twice already and I better send out the correct roll or else he is reporting me. I stated that I am happy to refund if they return all 80 coins that they did not like and paid $35.00 for. I reported the buyer, the buyer reported me and now we wait. This buyer reported the issue as "not received" instead of not meeting the description. That brings me to this, am I wrong with this description that I copied from another listing, and posted the photo of the actual coins? How would you list what is in the picture? 

(40) Roll 1942-1945 Wartime 35% WWII Jefferson War Silver Nickel $2 Face Bulk s-l500.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If the picture is exactly what was being sold, i do not see any problem with the picture or title. The only thing when you copy listings from others is to check the listing details. Quite often there are fields that have the wrong info entered. Always good to look it over before posting it. 

If the customer opened a "Item not Received" case, did you add the tracking number to the case?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If the picture is exactly what was being sold, i do not see any problem with the picture or title. The only thing when you copy listings from others is to check the listing details. Quite often there are fields that have the wrong info entered. Always good to look it over before posting it. 

If the customer opened a "Item not Received" case, did you add the tracking number to the case?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So true about other listings. I do not know a lot about the coins mentioned, however I do not see how it is NOT what he ordered. He wants them for nothing a guess. I gave the seller the mistake roll, I think he got a good deal. Maybe this is an angle he plays to get items for free.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@preciousmetalspartner-ppllc wrote:

So true about other listings. I do not know a lot about the coins mentioned, however I do not see how it is NOT what he ordered. He wants them for nothing a guess. I gave the seller the mistake roll, I think he got a good deal. Maybe this is an angle he plays to get items for free.

Have they open a case yet??

If not ignore em.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Buyer opened a case the instant I asked if they wanted to do a return. In addition, I have gotten no less than 15 messages from the buyer calling me a fraud, telling me the ball is in my court to do the right thing etc. I responded with the tracking number that shows delivery, and referred to the photograph the buyer sent me of the actual coins. I literally recognized the coins were the same as my listing picture. This buyer opened a did not receive claim, and was asking me to do the right thing and send him the correct coins which he already has. I also suggested that perhaps the buyer does not know what a war nickel is or typically looks like in the condition that was pictured in the listing. I am blocking the seller, and moving on. It will be up to Ebay at this point. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

With did not receive claim you just need to show delivery so enter the tracking number.

will be found in your case:

Blocked bidders list is a good thing. Stop responding to messages fro this user.

Expect more trouble.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Expect more trouble.

if by more trouble you mean a full refund and the buyer gets to keep both rolls, then yup...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This case ended quickly on eBay's end from what I can tell. The hold was lifted and I was paid already. This buyer has likely behaved this way before.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply