cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

El-heron i have one that has stumped me.

Copper, maybe a bishopric

FB_IMG_1709783122208.jpg

FB_IMG_1709783131482.jpg

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: El-heron i have one that has stumped me.

That is 100 porciento correcto!  (Especially for the 3rd or 4th sons of very wealthy and powerful families!)

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

16 March 2024- Status report Bishop coins.  Hola GAC, Heron viewed several hundred coins issued by Bishoprics.  Some nice coppers Heron would like to own.  However, nothing for E B on a coin.  

But the good news is: Heron added some informacion to his own search.

Here is how this happened: 

Heron was searching Freising Bishopric coin issues for Ernst of Bavaria.

On a map, Heron discovered that Freising is only about 80 miles distant of Passau, Bavaria.

So, because Herons are curious birds, Heron decided to research Passau to see if there were any coins of E. B.   Nada.

However, Heron discovered on an older map of Passau that the City of Passau had many different towns included in the municipalidado.

AND, one of those townships happened to be an issuer of WWI emergency paper money.  Heron had been searching for more informacion regarding this particular issuer of Kriegsgeld without

any luck finding info.  But having the info that the little known issuer was part of Passau opened the door to finding a lot of info about the issuer of the Kriegsgeld item.  Soon to be 'reported' here.  Sometimes lucky-

sometimes not.  And so it goes in life.  And the search for info continues onward, forever; until the 'end'.  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Circling back. It is always fun to search for knowledge. You never know what gems you will uncover.

Thanks again for your and agathetyche's efforts 

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hola GAC.  The Alt Heron is still searching for the E. B. item.  It is possible that the coin you have is a Cathedral coin issue.  The search will continue because it is interesting, fun, and part of the hobby.  Thanks for your kind words.  Alt Heron.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply