cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1963 Maundy set

i need to get these coins to NCS as the PVC 100_6938.JPG100_6939.JPG100_6940.JPG100_6941.JPGfrom the soft holder is quite evident...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1963 Maundy set

Thank you for that information.  Heron went to the web site and found it to be very interesting.  However, no mention of how a 'carbon spot' can be removed.   Is there any method of treatment to remove a 'carbon spot'?

Just curious.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

1963 Maundy set

Very nice coins!   (How can the coins be saved from damage by the

plastic containers?).  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

1963 Maundy set

@elheron-grande wrote:

Very nice coins!   (How can the coins be saved from damage by the

plastic containers?).  

NCS can remove the PVC without damaging the coins... they're good at what they do...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

1963 Maundy set

When in doubt, bust 'em out !

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

1963 Maundy set

Thank you for that information.  Heron went to the web site and found it to be very interesting.  However, no mention of how a 'carbon spot' can be removed.   Is there any method of treatment to remove a 'carbon spot'?

Just curious.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

1963 Maundy set

@elheron-grande wrote:

Just curious.  

i don't believe so... if i remember correctly, it is caused by a non-homogeneous alloy... i might be remembering incorrectly tho...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

1963 Maundy set

Here's a good read, but you'll need your spectacles as the font is rather small:

https://www.coinbooks.org/esylum_v07n16a16.html

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

1963 Maundy set

Hola B-17!  Yes, that was a 'good read'...!   (I have several magnifying glass

helpers here in this 'office').    So, in all these years of hearing about 'carbon' spots it was really a 'sulfur spot'!    Learn something new almost

every day now.   Thanks for that information.   

Message 8 of 8
latest reply