cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won ebay item and seller refuses to ship because she did not get as much as she wanted

I won a muffy Vanderbear on ebay and the seller now refuses to ship it because she did not get as much as she thought she would for it. Was a no reserve item. Now she says ebay screwed up and somehow reset the settings and was not her fault. Now I am getting emails saying I am evil. I will contact ebay about the transaction but this seller is crazy. She has sent me at least three emails telling me I am evil and she is now praying for me and I need to find God. PS, I am a Christian. I asked her to stop contacting me. I know I cannot make her send the item. If she had been honest and just said she screwed up I would undertand. Now I feel harassed. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: won ebay item and seller refuses to ship because she did not get as much as she wanted

No, not going to stop using ebay. Just venting I suppose. She wants to close her ebay account and start over now. She says ebay will not let her close it till I call and cancel the transaction. That is a big reason she is angry. She  sold on ebay up till a few years ago and created a new account she says. Now I am holding her up in creating a new account so she is angry

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: won ebay item and seller refuses to ship because she did not get as much as she wanted

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

It doesn't appear so... (?) take a tick on 'Left for others', then the seller's name. 😮
What did I miss? That 'About' page is certainly no great billboard at all. Has that always been there?

I saw that and believe it showed up after the OP left feedback. It certainly doesn't help the seller! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@material*me wrote:

Actually, the seller did know how to set a reserve. She had other auctions at the time with reserves. She also says she sold on ebay from the 80s  till just a few years ago and decided to sell again creating a new account. She knew all to well how to set a reserve. She removed her sales only because she wanted to delete this account now. She told me this in her many emails to me. I know I can not make her send the item. I am just very upset about the really ugly emails she has sent me. She claims ebay screwed up. They did not. She is just making excuses. I would not have been upset if she had sent me an email telling me she screwed up. She knew what she was doing. If she had not called me mean and evil and devil spawn and told me I need to find Jesus I would not have left the negative feedback. 

Oh, she sold on eBay in the 80s. 😂😅 That would be really hard to do considering eBay didn't exist until 1995. Sorry you ran into this pathetic excuse for a seller. She deserved the neg. Oh, and I'm  huge Muffy fan! 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Do not cancel and if the seller cancels with the "buyer request" reason, report her! 

Wait until the day after the expected delivery and open INR. You will eventually get a full refund unless the seller decides to honor her end of the deal. 

I totally understand your disappointment. You won the item fair and square and the seller isn't ethical or honest enough to honor the sale and admit her own error. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@material*me wrote:

Ebay does not allow me to open a not received case till the item is overdue. I will do that though and get a refund that way. Thank you

@material*me 

The advice @soh.maryl gave you is the quickest way to be made whole. Follow through and hang in there...

Off topic, but I dig your moniker. Recently (re: Lenscrafters' paperwork), I was asked what was my 'preferred pronoun'... I wrote "My".  😁

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@material*me wrote:

Actually, the seller did know how to set a reserve. She had other auctions at the time with reserves. She also says she sold on ebay from the 80s  till just a few years ago and decided to sell again creating a new account. ...

Actually, no she did not. She had other listings with BIN prices. I checked cached pages and could not find any evidence there or anywhere else that this seller had any listings with reserves. If she knew how to set a reserve, then she would have done so, apparently.

image.png

Also, obviously, eBay did not exist in the 1980s. eBay was founded in 1995. I was online in the 1980s, but that's pretty unusual because the [public] internet doesn't go back that far. I was a grad student at a prominent university at that point; I had a terminal at my apartment to access the mainframe at the university.

@material*me wrote:

... I am just very upset about the really ugly emails she has sent me. She claims ebay screwed up. They did not. She is just making excuses. ...

Yes, that is clear. She is not an experienced eBay seller, because she doesn't know what she's talking about.

It is also pretty clear that you are very upset, but you have already destroyed her current selling ID, and there really isn't anything more that you can do. So, just be happy with what you have accomplished so far, if you can do that.

@material*me wrote:

...She is now angry that ebay will not let her close her account because I paid her and now she either has to have me request to cancel the order or send the item. ...

eBay won't let her close her account for a given number of months after her last transaction no matter what. Six months, IIRC, and it doesn't make any difference what you do.

You clearly don't want to cancel the transaction so just don't. There's no reason why you should, if you don't want to. It won't make any difference to her account.

Just stop responding to her, and stop letting her control you. That is entirely your choice. Just decide not to let her affect you any more.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

thank you! Have a perfect day!

Message 22 of 22
latest reply