cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will not let me pay

i recently commited to buy somthing of ebay but my one paypal account has been closed so i set my account to my new paypal but ebay will not let me switch the paypal for payment please help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

will not let me pay

Just select Pay by Credit Card and use a credit card to pay; no PayPal account necessary.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

will not let me pay

All credit cards go thru PP, unless the seller has his own merchants account to process cc's.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

will not let me pay

You are correct, CC Cards go through PayPal.  Is your new PayPal account linked to your eBay account?

Make sure you have a PayPal account with a valid bank card attached. 
www.paypal.com/us/home
Also, link your eBay account with your PayPal account.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/link-paypal.html

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

will not let me pay

Yes, Paypal is the CC processor but that is not a Paypal purchase; it does not require a Paypal account to pay with credit card . That credit card purchase would have nothing to do with a paypal account.  I buy on ebay with a credit card and have never had a paypal account.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

will not let me pay

@bonjourami wrote:

All credit cards go thru PP, unless the seller has his own merchants account to process cc's.

But what that responder is saying is to CHOOSE the credit card payment option during checkout NOT paypal. You don’t have to use a PayPal account to buy an item here, you can choose “credit card” and manually enter your card info. That’s what that responder is suggesting. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 6
latest reply