cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why am I getting small amounts of refund for purchase orders I have no record of?

why am I getting small amounts of refund for purchase orders I have no record of?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: why am I getting small amounts of refund for purchase orders I have no record of?

Are they sales from MI? I had seen in MI the tax had changed and eBay was slow on correcting it so they over charged tax on multiple orders and are now going back and refunding the over payments. You may not see the sales anymore if they are older ones.  Just an idea. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: why am I getting small amounts of refund for purchase orders I have no record of?

Last year, both Michigan and Kansas changed their policies, and no longer collect sales tax on the shipping portion of a transaction.  It took a  few weeks for eBay programming to catch up with this, so now they are finally refunding the over payments.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@gjohn4953,

Both of the previous answers are correct. I can't speak for Kansas but in Michigan the law was passed on April 26, but ebay didn't get verification and make the changes into their system until late June or early July.  Now they are going back through their records and issuing the refunds as they find them. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply