cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scammed by eBay promotion.

eBay scammed me. I went out of my way to download and install the newest eBay app on my ipad pro, but did NOT get the 10% eBay bucks a promissed. I no longer have any respect for ebay because this seems to be the new norm.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: scammed by eBay promotion.

wrote:

wrote:

yes you are correct, it's a sytstem problem and eBay even admited it because I followed all the rules and only got 8% when it should had been 10%

NEXT.

You said you canceled your purchase that received the 8% promo which was presumably made without the App because you wanted to re-purchase using the App to get 10%, but were unable to repurchase because of the seller's limits.

Your 8% purchase was made without the App.

You did not re-purchase with the App because of seller limits.

I must be missing something here because I don't see where you should have received the 10%.

ebay just spent 13 hours talking to me on the telephone and I still don't have anything to show for my wated time. this is why I now know for a fact Ebay sucks because they allowed this to happen.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

ebay has caused me unbarable pain and surfering today and they do Not even care.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

my right hip and leg now hurt more then ever and I have chest pains. my wife want's to take me to the emergency room.  PS. I have been 100% honest about my suffering. no kiding. it really hurts!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

just got home from the hostpital. the Doctor also told me eBay Sucks! and to add insult to injury.... eBay finally decided after 14 hours plus of phone time on the telephne.... they came up short. So now I get to call eBay again and tell them how much they suck!

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

I am begging you to please stop shopping online if you lost a 2% discount and it caused you to almost have a heart attack. I am worried for you.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

wrote:

just got home from the hostpital. the Doctor also told me eBay Sucks! and to add insult to injury.... eBay finally decided after 14 hours plus of phone time on the telephne.... they came up short. So now I get to call eBay again and tell them how much they suck!

I mean.... one dollar an hour.... sorry about the typo and of course this is just and estimate of how much they pay per hour. I am sure after one year they will give them a 10 cent raise.

02/07/2018 eBay Bucks credit issued $0.00

$25.00

02/07/2018 eBay Bucks credit issued $0.00

$6.61

Dear eBay.  May I please have the remaining eBay bucks that you owe me? I realize your Global Customers sercice is run by incompetent individuals getting paid one dollar and hour and don't undertand English... but that's no excuse to rip me off.......

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

So you can't even edit your post if you make a mistake/typo?  well..... when eBay opens, they will hear from me again!  they still owe me eBay bucks!!!!!!!!!!

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

wrote:

So you can't even edit your post if you make a mistake/typo?  well..... when eBay opens, they will hear from me again!  they still owe me eBay bucks!!!!!!!!!!

No, I guess not... well here is the correction, including the complete message.

Dear eBay: May I please have the remaining eBay bucks that you owe me? I realize your Global Customers sercice is run by incompetent individuals getting paid one dollar an hour and don't undertand English... but that's no excuse to rip me off.......

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Don't cancel your purchases and you won't get ripped off.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

wrote:

This winter has been hard on everyone.  Maybe when the sun comes up in Gloucester you can take a walk, get a cup of coffee, people watch . . .

Your hurting yourself and eBay doesn't feel your pain.

Karen

~~ This is not my Seller account ~~
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

No, I guess not... well here is the correction, including the complete message.

Dear eBay: May I please have the remaining eBay bucks that you owe me? I realize your Global Customers sercice is run by incompetent individuals getting paid one dollar an hour and don't undertand English... but that's no excuse to rip me off.......

Final Correction. You have to realize I didn't get any sleep last night and I just got home from the Emergency Room! (about one hour ago)   and this time I ran the Spell Check!  

Dear eBay. May I please have the remaining eBay bucks you owe me? I realize your Global Customer Service is run by incompetent individuals getting paid one dollar an hour and don't understand English... but that's no excuse to rip me off.......

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

I didn't cancel... the seller did after I told them what eBay did.

wrote:

Don't cancel your purchases and you won't get ripped off.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

This winter has been hard on everyone.  Maybe when the sun comes up in Gloucester you can take a walk, get a cup of coffee, people watch . . .

Your hurting yourself and eBay doesn't feel your pain.

Karen. thank you and you sure are right about this Cold Winter!  with my bad hip and leg I really feel it if I don't dress warm enouph. I would like to move to Florida, etc..  I don't Ski anymore. and I really hate this cold weather!

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

eBay scammed me. I went out of my way to download and install the newest eBay app on my ipad pro, but did NOT get the 10% eBay bucks a promissed. I no longer have any respect for ebay because this seems to be the new norm.

Hi @rcffcl, I believe the promotion you have referenced is this one, which offers a 10% coupon for a purchase through the App, and an 8% coupon for a purchase through the site. Can you tell me if you downloaded our App and then purchased directly through it, or did you move to the mobile browser to make your purchase? I'm happy to look into this further for you!

Update: I just noticed that you said the following in one of your posts, "The seller even sent me a special link to just buy one." Since a link cannot be opened within the app, I believe you may have gone to your mobile browser to make this purchase, so the additional 2% would not have been provided. Definitely keep me posted if I've missed something!

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Hi @rcffcl, I do want to also include that the Terms & Conditions of this promotion do indicate that the promotion ran from 5 AM PT on February 5th to 11:59 PM PT on February 6, so if you attempted to repurchase after this timeframe the promotional offer would not apply. Check out this page to review your eBay Bucks balance and any adjustments we've made.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply