cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have purchased an item true eBay but they not me have entered half my address

eBay have entered half my address on a item that i purchased, The seller has sent it through eBay for the Third time but it still ends up where it started from in the United States of America, It has been posted to Ireland three times now to wrong address 

I will never buy anything through ebay ever again as they have been absolutely No help only true automated service which is truly useless, I tryed getting someone in ebay to talk to but to no avail 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is up to the buyer to enter the correct address.

You need to correct and confirm your address before buying…

If this item is shipped from the US, there is a good chance it is going to the EIS hub and from there will be going to Ireland….

We would need more information to see if that’s the case.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When you go through checkout the shipping address is displayed, with the option to edit it. So whenever you check out you have the opportunity to correct the address if it's wrong. You also need to go to your eBay account to verify the shipping address is correct there.

On the current item, have you communicated the correct address to the seller? They may be willing to correct the address, even though they lose their seller protection doing so.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Having the correct shipping address is buyer responsibility not eBay's. eBay cannot help you with your error. 
If you made a purchase with insufficient address it will be returned to seller or eBay's international shipping program if it was purchased through that program.

Sorry to rub salt on an open wound  but...if you file an item not received case, you will not be covered and will lose since the address was not correct or insufficient.

Money back guarantee 

IMG_1455.jpeg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Tell the seller --still the same seller right?-- to handwrite the correct address on the parcel.

Most postal workers are literate. It's practically a prerequisite for the job.

The carrier will likely look at the two addresses, notice that the printed one is similar to the handwritten one but less complete, and using common sense, deliver it correctly.

But if the address you are providing is not correct, eBay cannot print it out correctly.

Is your address very very very long?  Can you use contractions like St. for Street?

Or  Llanfair for Llanfairpwllgwyngyll?

One that might not make sense in the uSA but would be understood in Ireland.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply