cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with rude seller

Help!  Mom in a difficult spot.  I buy and sell on ebay and have dealt with customers and sellers, but never quite like the seller my young adult son has encountered.  He made a purchase of a vintage electronic, described as "checked over in perfect working order", but when he got it, there was a very obvious broken, non-working part.  I told my son, whom wants to keep the purchase, to work with the seller and make an offer which reflected the chance he was taking at making a repair.  We aren't talking replacement part - out and back in-  we are talking super glue.  My son being the teenager he is told the seller he would settle for 50% of his money back.  The seller jumped on the naive offer and in addition offered up rude, lame excuses and never an apology.  He also offered to take the item back, inspection at his discression as to whether he would give a refund.  Insisting he can get every penny he sold this broken down thing to my son for.  That just says to me - more lying and deception - different buyer.  I want my son the keep this and take the chance if it's what he wants, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk.  After ignoring Mom's advice and accepting the 50% refund does he have any way of getting ebay to help out?  So far, he has listen and not attempted any repair, the item is still in "received as" condition.   

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: help with rude seller

@chatmen4 wrote:

Wow, and your still hanging around too!

Your post forced the thread back to the top, and pushed other people's current problems down. Interesting that you're so flip about that.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@chatmen4 wrote:

You are wrong, that is not always the end of the transaction.  

Since these are public Discussion Boards designed to help others with similar problems, your cryptic answers aren't really explaining anything.

what happened in your situation to make you come back here to post to your old thread? 

Was there Resolution? If so- what was it? If not? Why?

Who? What? Why? Where? When? Etc...

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!​​​​​​​

Message 33 of 33
latest reply