cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay quit working when paying with paypal

Paying for purchases on eBay with PayPal has been working fine.  Until 4-10-19 but the previous day I made a small purchase everything worked fine as usual.  The next day I was making another purchase.  This is when the problem began.  Upon attempting to pay for purchase with PayPal like I usually do.  This is what I got -  

Sorry about that

Looks like this action is not supported. Please return and report this error so that we can support it in the future. (invalid client_id or redirect_uri)

So as a result I lost out on a purchase from a top rated seller.  This item was a unexpected find that I will probably never see again.  I went to other sites to see if it was PayPal or eBay problem.  I had no problem with attempts to purchase items at other sites that use PayPal for payment.  I have no problem accessing the PayPal website to my account and it shows no problem.  So it came back to eBay as being where the problem is.   After being on the phone to eBay now I'm waiting to see if the problem is resolved.  No idea of when that might happen.  So now in a holding pattern from making any purchases.  Meanwhile kind of hesitant in looking on eBay to see what I'm missing out on again.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: ebay quit working when paying with paypal

I just had the same problem this weekend, I could pay for my items off my ebay app, maybe try that, I always use Chrome & it didn't work so  I tried it on Explorer & it worked, the next day I made another purchase & it did the same thing on Chrome so I cleared all my cookies & stuff & it worked fine after that.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@heavy_bird,

There could be several reasons why you couldn't pay.  It might have been a temporary glitch.  If you use Chrome an update could have caused the problem. ebay and Chrome do not play well together.  There have been several posts on these boards by Chrome users saying they had problems.  You might need to clear out your temporary internet files and cookie cache. 

If you use a portable device and the app, all of the above could apply, plus being connected through an IP ebay doesn't recognize or that doesn't have good enough security to meet ebays standards caused the issue. You could have tried logging into ebay the classic way with your username and password, and it might have worked.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Well I have a desktop computer win 10 explorer 11.  I have cleared history and cookies logged out of eBay and PayPal.  Disconnected from eBay to PayPal  sync.  Reconnected and still no luck.  I have called eBay and told them the problem so we'll see.  I can purchase through several different stores that I have tried online that accept PayPal with no problem.   But I do appreciate you trying to help.

Thank You,

H_B

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ok checked this morning and eBay is connecting with PayPal once again now.  Not sure what the problem was and the world may never know.  

Thanks to all and to all a good day.

H_B

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Well I have a desktop computer win 10 explorer 11.

There have been many reports from members stating they have problems logging in when using Internet Explorer 11.

I use Google Chrome with Windows 7 without any problems.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 6
latest reply