cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay forcing me to buy !

I don’t understand what’s going on I’d had no intent to purchase item, when it tried to make me I was going to purchase the item but then I thought I didn’t even want it so why force me so, I messaged the seller and he won’t respond to me . So why do we force the shopper to buy it ? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay forcing me to buy !

Did you click on Buy it Now? Or Add to Cart?  Or did you bid and win something? If you clicked on BIN or won with a bid,  you committed to buy it. Now you can refuse to pay and get a NPB strike, but that won't hurt you much, unless you get more than one. 

If you just added it to your cart, you can delete it as long as you didn't go any further.

eBay forcing me to buy !

eBay does not force people to buy things.  It takes a number of steps to make a purchase. What is the item number so we can take a look?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

More information is necessary before we can offer any relevant advice.  What do you mean by forcing you to buy?  Did you click on any buttons that would result in a sale or make an offer on the item?  Was the item being sold at auction and did you place a bid?  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

By the way, sellers are not required to communicate with buyers under eBay's rules.  If you did place a bid or otherwise commit to a purchase, while buyers may request a cancellation of the transaction, sellers are not required to agree to it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

Please explain exactly how eBay forced you to purchase something

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

I won on a bid in december. This bid showed up today out of nowhere, in january! when paying for another item. It took over 700$. Its all my savings. I called immediately they said i have to wait 3 days. Ridiculous!!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

You won a bid and now you don't want to pay? Did you forget that you bid? It should have shown up in your bid history

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

You were not forced to buy it. If you had no intentions of buying it, why did you click on it in the first place?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

@turf-13Please don't confuse this thread. Feel free to start your own.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

eBay forcing me to buy !

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply