cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Received Someone Else's Package

I ordered a few items on eBay last week.

They all arrived in the mail last night.

As I was opening them, one was a small plastic envelope completely taped closed (I hate it when sellers do this).

It was soft, so I figured it was an article of clothing since that's what I had been ordering.

I very carefully opened it as to not cut whatever was inside. I was racking my brain as to what it could be since I didn't remember ordering anything that would fit into that small of an envelope.

When I took it out, I just laughed as is was a one piece exotic/stripper outfit LOL

I looked at the label on the package and it was my address, but someone else's name.

I searched eBay using the return address name, but that seller is in Muscatine, Iowa, but the return address is in Houston TX.  They did sell an item that looks like this one back in October though.

I googled the address in Houston and it's a Law Firm.

I checked my sellers that sent me packages, but they are all from different states with different names.

Not sure where to go from here. I would like to get it to the rightful person, but don't have their address, just a name.

I feel funny returning it to a law firm considering the contents.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hmmmm.

I haven't received my exotic outfit yet

I'm wondering if it went to you by mistake.    😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Let me know if it's your size 404563512760 🙂

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Throw it away. You have better things to do.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

No wonder it was a tiny package.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I think james is more the black lace kind of guy.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Probably was suppose to go to a girlfriend from a married man.  Giving it to that girlfriend might break up a marriage.  LOL.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@dentalsales4u wrote:

Let me know if it's your size 404563512760 🙂

It kinda looks like that apparatus that Barney Fife wore (in the closet) to make him taller. Remember that? 🤣

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I am afraid we will not be able to help you or believe you unless you post a picture of yourself in the outfit. 😁

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Do you keep emails from eBay saying your item shipped? If you do, enter the tracking number from the label into your email's search @dentalsales4u . Then you'll know if a seller shipped you the wrong item. If the tracking doesn't come up, then the seller put your address on someone else's order so you could try to match the address from the label to another package you received recently if you still have those labels. You could also check sold items from the sellers you've purchased from recently to see if the lingerie appears in one of those sellers sold listings. You could also add a note saying shipped to wrong address, carefully tape the envelope back up and mark it refused, return to sender, then let the seller sort it out themself when the package is returned.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Already tried all that and found nothing.

I've received all my orders, so it's something extra that showed up with someone else's name, but my address and a seller/return name that doesn't match any of my purchases.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@dentalsales4u wrote:

Already tried all that and found nothing.

I've received all my orders, so it's something extra that showed up with someone else's name, but my address and a seller/return name that doesn't match any of my purchases.

In that case see the last sentence of my previous post.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply