cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Saved Searches doesn't find particular a item

I know that Saved Searches may only list a maximum of 20 items from a search.

What I don't understand is why it could not find one particular item with the correct search term.

In my saved search list I have "IBM 6731" which was an accessory for the IBM Electronic 95 Typewriter.  This is not an item that there were many of.

In August of 2023 one was for sale in Germany and International Sales was an accepted option. 

The listing is still viewable here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/155688053791

I found this ended auction through an external search via DuckDuckGo.

Do international advertised items for sale not appear in eBay's Saved Searches?

Thanks

Don

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay Saved Searches doesn't find particular a item

@monarke,

You say the accessory was not widely available, so there may not be any listed currently on ebay. The one you found in August, would have been displayed on the U.S. site only if the seller shipped to the United States, which that seller did.

Items listed on ebay's European, Asian and other country's sites that do not ship to the U.S. will not show up on ebay.com nor be displayed in your saved search. You can try searching some of the European and other sites to see if one is listed, and if the seller doesn't ship internationally, or at least to the U.S. you can try messaging them and ask if they will add shipping to the U.S. to the listing.  Below is a list of ebay international sites, with clickable links to them.  I would stick to the European and Australian/New Zealand sites.  You should see a translation option for most of the Non English speaking countries site's.

https://www.ebayweb.com/ebay-international-sites/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@monarke,

You say the accessory was not widely available, so there may not be any listed currently on ebay. The one you found in August, would have been displayed on the U.S. site only if the seller shipped to the United States, which that seller did.

Items listed on ebay's European, Asian and other country's sites that do not ship to the U.S. will not show up on ebay.com nor be displayed in your saved search. You can try searching some of the European and other sites to see if one is listed, and if the seller doesn't ship internationally, or at least to the U.S. you can try messaging them and ask if they will add shipping to the U.S. to the listing.  Below is a list of ebay international sites, with clickable links to them.  I would stick to the European and Australian/New Zealand sites.  You should see a translation option for most of the Non English speaking countries site's.

https://www.ebayweb.com/ebay-international-sites/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Out of curiosity I went to eBay's Advanced Search clicked on Completed Items and searched for "IBM 6731". 

The completed auction in Germany for the same item is shown.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
latest reply