cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Keeps cancelling my orders?

So I've recently bought some insanely cheap laptops as it is boxing day and black friday, but the weird thing is that eBay keeps on cancelling my order? Sorry if this question was already answered or if it's obvious, I'm new to eBay

TL;DL

Basically I got cheap stuff and eBay keeps cancelling it, I get my money back, but it says item shipped but one was supposed to arrive on Nov 30 and Jan 11. What's going on eBay?!?

So I bought and paid for two Dell XPS 15. Days later I was told the seller "was removed due to security reasons". eBay told me if I got the item, great, if I didn't, go to the resolution center.

I went to the resolution center because I wanted some answers and I chose "I want the item". But apparently eBay gives you a refund if the seller does not reply within a certain amount of days.

I got my refund, but here's the weird part: I got an email saying my item is on the way.

My Items supposedly arrived on Dec 19 and Jan 11, nothing has arrived yet.

I'm really confused! Can someone please explain?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay Keeps cancelling my orders?

The seller marked your item as "shipped" in the hope that you would wait too long, and they would be able to get the payment and disappear with it. But there isn't any tracking number, and they didn't ship it. Sometimes they enter a fake tracking number, but not this time.

They are scammers and thieves, you can't believe anything they say.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @josepli_80,

You are falling for scams that were posted by hackers. eBay removes the listings and the hacked accounts when they detect them.

Those "deals" were too good to be true.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi @lacemaker3 ,
I did think that something fishy was up, but I got emails saying that my item will arrive?
My post office recently went on strike so that might be why its delayed?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I keep getting emails saying my item will arrive 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The seller marked your item as "shipped" in the hope that you would wait too long, and they would be able to get the payment and disappear with it. But there isn't any tracking number, and they didn't ship it. Sometimes they enter a fake tracking number, but not this time.

They are scammers and thieves, you can't believe anything they say.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@josepli_80 wrote:

I keep getting emails saying my item will arrive 

You'll see it has no shipper listed and no tracking. I doubt this was ever really shipped. It was just marked by the phony seller as shipped.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

This has nothing to do with the rotating strikes at Canada Post. They were only causing delays, any way, not actually stopping deliveries. I have experience with Canada Post deliveries too.

The items were listed by scammers. You don't need to know anything more than th at. There's no point in debating this. They were scammers and thieves, just be glad that you got your money back without a huge hassle.

If something seems to good to be true, believe it.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Have you tried contacting eBay to get some sort of logical explanation for this?
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ahhhh that makes me sad I wish I had my laptops
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

No I haven but now I will! Thanks!
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

No problem and good luck!
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@josepli_80 there are no laptops and there never were any laptops. It's just a sophmoric attempt at scamming on ebay. You will need to go to paypal and open an item not received case to get your refund. 

Stop wasting your time on too good to be true listings. G ood luck!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

This has nothing to do with the rotating strikes at Canada Post. They were only causing delays, any way, not actually stopping deliveries. I have experience with Canada Post deliveries too.

The items were listed by scammers. You don't need to know anything more than th at. There's no point in debating this. They were scammers and thieves, just be glad that you got your money back without a huge hassle.

If something seems to good to be true, believe it.

It looks like you replied to the wrong post? Maybe it was supposed to be the OP?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply