cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-bay / usps tracking

Has anyone else had a problem with this new tracking? I've had several items not show up in the past few months. e-bay has been good about reimbursing on the missing item's but where did they go? The tracking either doesn't show that they ever left or that they got stuck somewhere along the way. It's mostly been sports cards which I do a lot of business in. Kind of frustrating when you order something and never get it. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

e-bay / usps tracking

@vicspics,

"I've had several items not show up in the past few months. e-bay has been good about reimbursing on the missing item's but where did they go? The tracking either doesn't show that they ever left or that they got stuck somewhere along the way. It's mostly been sports cards which I do a lot of business in. Kind of frustrating when you order something and never get it".

There have been all sorts of issues with sellers who started using the ebay Standard Envelope Service. Sometimes a delivered scan is entered when it reaches the destination post office, but it hasn't yet gone out for delivery.  I'm not sure the USPS was happy with the deal they made with ebay for the service.

If you click on the tracking number in the order details page, the info displayed is second hand, provided by a third party Hewlett Packard.  I always check tracking using the actual shipping service's tracking site.  

If you see that a shipping label has been created, but there is no acceptance scan, that can happen for a couple of reasons.

1)  Maybe the seller dropped the envelope/package off in a P.O.'s mail box or outgoing package bin. Usually, the tracking will update at some point, if the originating P.O. doesn't give an acceptance scan.  You can always contact the USPS and start a missing package claim if tracking stops in between facilities.

2)  You may have bought from a new seller.  Many of them do not know that ebay places a 21 day hold on their first few payments.  On their sold item page, the payment status is marked as Pending so they may printout a label, but will not ship, because of the payment status. Those sellers could have a fair number of feedback and even a 100% rating, but it could all be for buying not selling before or in over a year in which case the hold is reapplied.  That's just one reason to check each seller's feedback profile page before buying from one. A hold may also be placed on an item that sells for appreciably more than a seller's usual sales prices.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply