cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counterfeit product - how to report or money back?

I did purchase weight loss Supplements in March end for myself and a friend from my account. I found this product is fake? What do I do? I feel cheated.

Can someone help me how and where do I report about it? Why is ebay allowing to sale fake products?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@pradhanit 

If you've had them longer then 30 days, the MBG has expired and there's nothing you can do through Ebay

If you paid with Pay Pal, open a claim with them or your credit card.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Like the other poster mentioned, a buyer has 30 days from the date of the item’s delivery to file a case on eBay invoking their buyer protection. If you used PayPal to remit, you get 180 days to file a Not As Described case to get your money back. Otherwise, go to your financial instituttion to file s chargeback on your credit card to get a refund. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@pradhanit,

If you received the item less than 30 days ago, go to your purchase history and click on the Return this item button. then select it seems fake or counterfeit. The seller will have 3 days to respond and send you a return shipping label. If they do not, then on day 4 ask ebay to step in and you will receive a refund. 

If it has been longer than 30 days, and you paid using PayPal you can file a dispute with them for up to 180 days from the date of purchase.  PayPal may require you to pay for the return shipping with tracking.  To find out about that, read the info in the link below and contact PayPal if you have questions.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns/terms

You last option would be to file through your card provider.  Call the number on the back of the card and ask the rep what the process will be.  They too may require you to ship the item back with tracking, before they issue a charge back.

"Why is ebay allowing to sale fake products?"

Withe millions of new items being listed daily from around the world, there is no possible way they can vet each and every listing.  Buyers have to do some research about products and sellers. 

Had you checked the seller's feedback profile page before buying from them, you may have avoided this issue.  To view their profile click on their feedback number in (  ) to the right of their username.  On the page that opens if the seller has received negative or neutral feedback, you can click on the numbers received to read only those comments.  Never go by a seller's feedback percentage alone, and keep in mind that the best high volume sellers will have a percentage of 99.6% or better. Those with a percentage of 98.6% or lower should be avoided at all costs.  A low volume seller can have a lower percentage for only one negative, but you should check to see why it was issued.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I bought a item on Ebay Dyson Airwrap that was listed as new with a 2 Year Warranty.

It was purchased about 1 1/2 years ago.  

It' had some issues with starting and stopping but now is completely dead.

Decided to take it to a Dyson Factory Service Center for Service.

In doing so I was told the item is a counter fit and I was scammed. 

They would give me a letter to that effect. 

I'm currently out $613.44.  The seller isn't listed on ebay any longer. 

NOW WHAT ???

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Now it's toast.  Move on.  After a year and a half every help avenue has closed.  In the future, you would be better served starting your own thread if you need advice.  When you tack onto a post, things can get confused ad steered off the original topic. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply