cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

biding

what kind of insanity is that,  several times, I was the last bidder, it is end of time, and I get a green

label  that I am the winner and suddenly I get notice for overbid  or outbid after the end of time, so what is that, :: felony corruption, arbitrary or felony monopoly by somebody else who dictated the

rules , it was happen to me  more then 10 times for the last 3 yrs.???????????????????????????

Thanks  Paul

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

biding

@jucon27 

Sniper bidding may have been why you didn't get it.  And it's perfectly legal.  Sorry you're disappointed. Next time huh?  

Have a great day!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

biding

That's happened to me many times, usually the result of someone using a sniper service that places a bid in the last second or two of the auction.  I've gotten winner notifications for a split second, then a "we're determining the winner" message when I didn't win.                                  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

biding

It is simply you being outbid. That's all. I snipe when timer changes from 2 to 1 and bid my highest amount I'm willing to pay. I've bid on enough items, literally 1000s,  to know how the timer is. Some browsers it runs slow some fast. You just gotta go ur highest at the last second. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

biding

Bidding ends a set number of days after the auction started down to the exact second. Bids are accepted so long as a bid for a valid amount is received by eBay's server before the auction ends, even if those bids are not displayed on individual bidders' pages around the world until a few seconds later.

The countdown you see on your computer is not the same one that eBay uses, and just because you do not see any more bids when your countdown reaches zero does not mean that eBay did not receive a last second bid.

eBay does not extend bidding. Once you have bid your maximum, bid extensions can not help you, only hurt you.

For some unknown reason eBay no longer displays the ending time to the second at the top of the bid history page, but if there are any bids you should be able to calculate the actual ending time by examining the starting time of the auction at the bottom of the page. Auctions always begin and end at the same time down to the exact second, unless the auction is ended early by the seller. All bidders have the same time to place valid bids, and no one gets any extra time. eBay time stamps every bid as it is received by eBay, and the times are displayed to the second in the bid history if you use a desktop browser.

If you think you have encountered an auction where a bid was accepted after the end of the auction, examine the starting time closely and compare it to the time the bid was received and you should find that the bid was received before the auction actually ended. If not, please post an item number so that others can see it.

If you bid the maximum amount you are willing to pay (taking into account any shipping or taxes) then the only way you can lose is if someone is willing to bid more than you were and actually does so, or if someone bid the same exact amount, earlier.

No one can count on having the last bid, and bidders should assume that other bids will be placed at the end of the auction too late to be reacted to, and set their bids accordingly.

If your auction countdown is not behaving correctly, check to make sure your computer's time zone is set correctly, and the date and time are synchronized with an internet time server such as time.windows.com or time.nist.gov.

Check your computer's time here:

https://time.is/

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

biding

Bid once.

Bid your true, real, absolute, definite, maximum.

Bid fairly late.

If a snipe bid wins, he bid more than you and will pay more than it's worth, the sucker.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

biding

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Bid once.

Bid your true, real, absolute, definite, maximum.

Bid fairly late.

If a snipe bid wins, he bid more than you and will pay more than it's worth, the sucker.

and a little addition......

Add a few cents to your $ amount. Few people think of bidding $100.27c but that 27c could make all the difference to that other $100 bid you may have lost out to

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

biding

@downunder-61 wrote:

and a little addition......

Add a few cents to your $ amount. Few people think of bidding $100.27c but that 27c could make all the difference to that other $100 bid you may have lost out to

nothing better than a zero-one snipe; winning bid between 0.01 and 0.49 seconds before end of auction, 1 cent over the last nibbler bid

Message 8 of 8
latest reply