cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bidding

Im sorry it is not fair for someone to use that program. ebay does not recommend it but it allows it. ebay stop allowing it. i keep getting out bid by one dollar in the last second and it wont let me change me bid. that is rigged. it should not be allowed. im upset and frustrated. you need to change the rules. i thought i had something and didnt. then why even bother bidding if other buysers are using that program. stop allowing it.

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

bidding

What program are you talking about?

bidding

@mrygorndfrancine 

Not sure what program you are referring to or how you know someone else is using a particular program, or why that matters in any case.

Every user has the same amount of time to place their bid, and in the end, the highest bid wins. So long as a qualified bid is received by eBay during the bidding period, when the bid is placed does not matter except in the case of a tie; then the earlier bid wins.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/bidding/bid-sniping?id=4224

Users should expect that other users will place bids right up until the end of bidding, and bid accordingly.

If you bid the maximum amount you are willing to pay (plus a few cents to avoid a tie), the only way you can lose is if someone else is willing to bid more than your maximum amount. That is how auctions work.

Message 3 of 158
latest reply

bidding

Its called bid snipping and its a certain program read about it. Its on ebay thats how I know. And know you should not be allowed to use some kind of program. Bid fare and square. I'm sorry with one second left I lost. And prior to that about 1 minute before all of a sudden I coulnt make my bid higher. No that is wrong. plain and simple. that gives buyers an upper hand it is a form of cheating as far as Im concerned.

Message 4 of 158
latest reply

bidding

something called bid snipping

Message 5 of 158
latest reply

bidding

You can put a higher bid at the last 4 seconds. Nothing wrong with that. No program.  You have to bid and be the highest bid at the last second of the auction. 

Message 6 of 158
latest reply

bidding

there are a lot of sniping programs and they are very useful. the only thing that we know for sure is that you are not bidding high enough

Message 7 of 158
latest reply

bidding

@mrygorndfrancine 

Sniping refers to bidding in the final seconds of an auction -- see the link in my post above. eBay explicitly permits sniping. No program is necessary to bid at the end of an auction, though some users do utilize sniping services to set up bids in advance; many other bidders simply wait until the closing moments to place their bids manually. In general, it is not possible for other users to tell how a bid was placed.

I am not sure what problem prevented you from bidding in the final minute of your auction. Under most circumstances, eBay does not benefit from preventing users from bidding, aside from placing certain limits on new users or users who have not been active recently.

Most veteran bidders recommend bidding your maximum amount once, as late in the auction as you are comfortable with. It is best not count on being able to bid again after others have submitted their bids.

Message 8 of 158
latest reply

bidding

It is fair.  You had just as much time to put in YOUR maximum bid as the winner did.  S/he bid higher than you.  That's all.   If you would have bid more had you had time you should have bid more during the 7 days or however long the auction ran.  You are never guaranteed a rebid.

And the amount was $1.00 more than your bid because your bid was $25.00 to $99.99, and that is the bid increment in that range.  You have no idea how much the winner bid above that.  S/he bid what s/he was willing to pay.  You didn't.  You may or may not have won if you had, and you had plenty of opportunity to do so, but you didn't.

You have no right to know what I have bid to determine how much you are going to bid.  It would be unfair to give you that advantage.  And you don't need it.  Bid your TRUE maximum without regard to what others appear to have bid, appear not to have bid, or even what you think they MIGHT bid.  Don't dig yourself into a foxhole on an otherwise level playing field and then blame the rules for not giving you extra time to climb out of it.

Message 9 of 158
latest reply

bidding

Your replying to the wrong person. 

Message 10 of 158
latest reply

bidding

if you beat me by $1.00 I am bidding high enough.

Message 11 of 158
latest reply

bidding

how with 30 seconds left they know to bid one dollar more than me. and why coudnt i bid when there was one minute left. do educate me since you seem to know so much. I say and feel it is unfair and im sticking to it. simple. It keeps happening so that tells me there is something wrong. bid fair. simple.

Message 12 of 158
latest reply

bidding

I did bid and kept bidding. with 3 seconds left your able to bid one dollar more than me. and prior to that all of a sudden i cant bid. something is wrong with that. plain and simple. bid fair and square. I dont think its fair that is my opinion. which im entitled to.

Message 13 of 158
latest reply

bidding

The winner may have bid $5.00 more than you. It just shows $1.00 because that's what it took to bet you.

bidding

When I bid I put in $10 or $20.00 if I really want to win and I am prepared to pay. But the other bidder could put in a higher bid than me. But that other bidder has to pay to. I do not use a program. I have lost and I have won. 

Message 15 of 158
latest reply