cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable buyers to leave reviews?

Hi guys,

I've been selling for a few months, but on eBay, where many people sell the same thing, you need something to stand out from the crowd. I got a message from a buyer that he couldn't leave a review, which kind of shocked me because of how developed eBay is, yet it doesn't let buyers leave reviews?

Then again, it may just be me. Is there any way that I can enable reviews on an item? Do I need to add an MPN, or something of that kind? Someone, please help me! 

Thanks for reading :))

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You don't need to do a thing.  You've received FB from buyers in the last month so I'm a bit confused why you think you need to do something different.  Buyers leave feedback if they want and don't if they don't want to, feedback is completely voluntary.  I don't know why this particular buyer couldn't leave FB for the transaction, perhaps it was a temporary glitch or the actual ability to leave FB on this transaction glitched out.  Then again, if you are soliciting FB from your buyer (I really hope you aren't), they may have told you that to blow you off.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Greetings,

I took a long walk through selling preferences to see if this is something that can be enabled/disabled.

I toured Marketing Tools, Communications with Buyer and any other tool that seemed applicable-

I finally found something in the A to X Index:

Here's what we found for "What are product ratings and reviews?"

Product reviews are user reviews which are displayed as a star rating at the top of a listing. To read a review, hover over the star rating and select See all reviews.

To write a review, select Write a review at the top of any eligible listing. You can also add pictures to your review. On your profile page, you can see all reviews you've written.

When writing reviews, follow eBay’s Community content policy. Be open and honest, stick to the facts, and be specific – explain what's good or bad about the product, and why.

Product reviews are associated with products, not individual listings, and they have no impact on a seller's feedback. They are automatically included on all eligible items and cannot be removed.

If you think a product review doesn’t follow our guidelines you can report it: go to the item page and select the exclamation mark.

Just to be clear, you mean PRODUCT reviews not Seller Feedback, Yes? 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I may be wrong but you probably need to add a UPC code in order to show the system it is eligible, if it is eligible.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply