Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Product arrived BUT shows as still coming on purchase history

I called eBay and they said the seller's tracking link doesn't work and to contact the seller. I did and the seller claims it is delivered (which I agree with) and that's that. They offered info that included a wrong name of who signed for it but tha...

User avatar by Scout
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Suppressed searches based on IP #?

I live in Alaska (Juneau to be exact) and have been monitoring some similar products that I am selling - keeping an eye on selling price, etc. What's interesting is that I can no longer search for these items on my laptops/computers. I've used both C...

Gutta percha fraud with photo cases

There seem to be a bulk of sellers calling their pre-1870+/- photo cases 'gutta percha' when they are actually unoin cases (thermoplastic) or even paper mache. Only one instance that I kow of where the seller was parroting what their seller told them...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

FAKE Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer now on eBay!!!

Right real/ left fakeTop real/ bottom fake Right real/ left fake Top real/ bottom fake I received the fake Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 1oz from the high scores eBay seller, 99.7% 4K feedback...the deal was $45 lot of 2 missing caps no boxes. I knew...

IMG_0464.JPG IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0465.JPG

Wrong description of shoes by seller

As per US seller's description, it was a size 10 mens deck shoes. When I received the item, it turned out to be a women's size 10. I am on the Global Shipping Program and I paid for the forwarding from the US to Singapore. How do I return these shoes...

Fake Amtrak e voucher

I think I have been scammed by a fake ebay listing. I placed a winning bid last night for an Amtrack e voucher valued at $480 for $313 from a seller with the zero (0) reputation. Ebay profile says the account was created exactly a week ago on Sept 27...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Warning Message results in 7 day penalties not mentioned in Warning Message...

Yesterday about 24 hours before writing this, I was shocked when I found my account unable to "send any messages" as the box that popped up & began with a red explanation point followed by red text simply said. I was not able to send any messages, an...

How to report Fraud Seller - ALL LISTINGS?

How do I contact ebay to report a fradulent seller - regarding essentially ALL of his listings? This person apparently sold/sells a bunch of legit photographs/slides for low dollar values to boost up his feedback. Then, he lists THOUSANDS of very hig...

FAKE Fragrances

seller sells FAKE stuff on Ebay, makes big money on illegal sales, high brands such as Chanel and much more.Dear buyers watch out for this name and do not buy from sellers like, as she/he would deny anyway, but I persanally burned by getting 4 Chanel...

Seller called me 24x demanding I remove feedback. eBay says they don't care

Do I have any options? Support basically told me it isn't reportable because it occured off of eBay even though they gave the seller my number. Seller has called me from multiple phone lines in the middle of the night leaving nasty voicemails. He lit...

Resolved! Seller knowingly sending wrong item..

Ordered some cables from China (I know, but they were cheap and for a DIY project) and I wanted specific colors and sizes. I was sure to read the description and the seller states:"Please note that the cable has a variety of colors.We will be random ...

Fraudelent transaction

TRYING TO SAVE TO OTHER BUYERS/SELLER- TIME ,MONEY AND AGGRAVATIONBe on lookout from new sellers mostly from China ,few others register in : Italy, India, Sweden and Mexico.All are new sellers or with very few feedbacks.Listing this item 'BUY IT NOW"...

Am I correct in this?

I ordered a shirt/tutu outfit for my daughter and haven't recieved it or tracking and it's past the date, so I opened an INR case. I'm 99.9% sure I can't close it and reopen it if it doesn't comes, as the seller told me I could (between the swearing)...

Remember When EBay was a Good Thing?

I remember the thrill of counting down the seconds and then winning a great item at an incredibly low price.... those days ended about ten years ago, when prices on eBay were no cheaper than Walmart. Everyone selling wanted a premium price on a site ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors