Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! auto pay

Is there a way to keep ebay from autopaying auctions I won? It makes it hard to combine shipping,

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

No button to accept counter offer

I made an offer on an item. The seller countered. I want to accept the offer, but there is no button. I’ve never encountered this before. i messaged seller about this and they said to contact eBay. Or pay full price and they would refund difference (...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

INB widows mite

I know what your thinking....INB?! In my defense those annoying green labeled slabs were bought for me as a gift as I have just begun to dabble in roman/ancient coins. I was given 3 slabs labeled as widows mite sized coins, but they obviously are not...

Seller has not refunded all monies owed.

Seller used a cut down USPS box and got flagged by the P. Office. I paid the extra postage to pick up the record. Notified seller on 12/19. He was going to check and see why the P. Office thought they could open his packages. Seller has not paid me f...

IMG_3388 _2.JPG IMG_3385_2.JPG

Holiday buying frustrations gift being late…

I was looking for a Christmas gift for someone who collects vintage glass items that are collectible ….I didn’t really find what I am looking for at good reasonable price and most of the time shipping fees are way more than actual item…however, I fou...

Am I blocked by seller?

Ok, so I lowballed an item. Hey it has that option, and it is a standard practise in auctions/bargain stores/garage sale vendors to start low. I was expecting that we negotiate and meet in the middle, or seller can just stay firm with full price and ...

• 41 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Find an item by product ID number

My niece with Downs Syndrome ordered a used coffee maker without permission. The item arrived and doesn't work. The product came in a box with no paperwork. I'd like to look at the listing to see if perhaps she accidently ordered an item that was for...

Buyer fails to pay

What happens to a buyer who fails to pay for an auction listed item?

guest purchase support reaching an agent

A purchase was made using a different computer than I normally use, and I used guest checkout (I have an ebay account, but this particular order was placed without the use of the account). The order has not shipped. I wish to obtain support, however,...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scammers and junk collectors Trolling Ebay for Suckers

I have been a member of eBay since its inception. In the last 60 days, I have seen a 1,000% increase in junk camera and lens sales prices coupled with super high shipping rates. eBay must do more to stop these scammers from listing these items to pro...

Resolved! Possible scam / details not making sense

Good morning, I recently found a good deal on an item. Listing looked legit enough and item was in US so I made the purchase. I am usually good at checking the seller but I overlooked it and now I noticed he was a new user that created his account ab...

Item purchased is not the item I recieved

I purchased a item based on the picture and description the seller provided. The item I received is no where near what I purchased. When I tried to contact the seller, the seller is now inactive and cannot be reached via ebay. When trying to view the...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors