Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Didn't get item, seller said would ship another, didn't get tracking number or item

I purchased a NInja blender but never received it despite tracking number "saying" it was delivered. It did NOT arrive at MY house. Seller said he would ship another one even though I told him to just follow up on the first one. He said he shipped it...

Bought “capris” but they turned out being shorts

Title says it all. I let the seller know and told them I’m not looking for a refund considering I already altered the item (thinking I could make it work since returning is a hassle to me). Told them I’m just letting them know why I’m going to leave ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Negative feedback for seller disappeared.

hello,my feedback for seller that provide fake/invalid tracking info has disappeared from his history.How is this possible? best regards and sorry for my bad english.Andjelko.

Auto checkout on iphone

I literally just turned my i-phone off and when i turned the screen back on ebay had checked out my entire cart and paypal accepted it and all...no way...no way you can do all that in your pocket that fast. I imagine this happened to a lot of people ...

Ebay buyer protection for software

Hi, have researched the ebay buyer protection guarantees several times, but can't find any confirmation that software is included. It mentions "with some exceptions" and I am left wondering if this applies to software. I would like to purchase an upg...

Fake slippery elm bark powder

I bought some slippery elm bark powder from a seller I'd never bought from before and when I received it, I mixed a teaspoon with a little water as I usually do to settle stomach pain. Instead of becoming a gel, the water became cloudy and bitty, as ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

Suit waist & inseam size

When buying men's suits, we used to be able to filter on waist and inseam size.This option seams (sic intended) to be gone.Anyone know when this is coming back? Without these filters, ebay is useless as a source for finding suits.

Resolved! Seller Cancels Order and Pending Refund Never Comes Through

I have used ebay for 20 years but have never had this happen. A seller cancelled a Buy It Now order I made from their store after they realized 2-3 days later the item could not be located. For over 10 days I had a “Cancellation Pending” in My eBay a...

What’s the point of a nearest location search if the item is NOT in that location?

In the past two days, I spent time doing a nearest location search of an item because I need it quickly and I’ve bought enough to know the patterns. In BOTH cases, the item’s location stated it was close to me. In BOTH cases, tracking shows labels pr...

User avatar by Guide
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Very excited to receive my order!

So I've been buying stamp collections. I won one for a pretty good price (at least I think so), and the photo is cluttered with stamps overlapping, so I can't get a good look at what's in there, but from what I can see it looks pretty good. I just no...

Want to buy at an auction, but have some issues.

I want to pay with my visa, but the description says "PAYPAL ONLY". Yet in the payments section, I see the options for other pay. I have linked my paypal to my account, but do not have my visa linked to the paypal yet. Is it possible for me to pay wi...

Displaying the actual low-priced item in search sorted by price

A lot of sellers offering several items in one listing will have one item at 99 cents and the rest at a higher price. Recently, for about two weeks, when I would do a search ordered by price-plus-shipping, the images in the search result would show t...

I want a new "Shop by" category - Country of Manufacture

It should be very painless for ebay to set this up. I am tired of being "informed" that the item, being sold by an "authorized US seller" is located in US city "A", close to my own, and then I have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery - bottom line is it c...

Tiempo requerido para cancelar una compra

Compré una memoria para mi portátil, bajo una asesoría técnica personal. Resultó que el producto comprado no era necesario y yo me contacté con el vendedor dos (2) horas después de la compra, el vendedor me respondió que era imposible cancelar mi ped...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors