cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and Why Did eBay Remove Seller's Handling Time?

I am only asking because a couple of item(s) that I purchased in the past fizzled out and I was not aware until each Seller 'contacted' me with a sob story.  I realize stating 'sob story' may sound harsh, but that is what was told to me. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: When and Why Did eBay Remove Seller's Handling Time?

@therogue-trader wrote:

I still see handling time in my listings.  Do you have a specific listing where you can show that the handling time is not listed?

They don't show the handling time unless you have a long handling time.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I still see handling time in my listings.  Do you have a specific listing where you can show that the handling time is not listed?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Can I post the link to the item w/o getting the post removed?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

If I can, I will post in the morning - heat has gotten to me and I need to lay down - hot and loud music here 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@therogue-trader wrote:

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@postingid2017 

Unless the seller has a long handling time, they haven't been showing it for awhile now.

I think it would help if they still showed it.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@postingid2017 wrote:

I am only asking because a couple of item(s) that I purchased in the past fizzled out and I was not aware until each Seller 'contacted' me with a sob story.  I realize stating 'sob story' may sound harsh, but that is what was told to me. 

Thanks 

Simply put, ebay doesn’t believe buyers can do math and figure out the ETA by adding two numbers together. Instead ebay adds the numbers together for the buyer and gives the buyer the ETA date.

This also allows ebay to subtract days (they do this a lot, check out previous posts thru the years) and show the buyer a quicker and more attractive ETA date which often doesn’t get met. The buyer then sometimes gets upset and the seller is forced to do damage control because of eBay’s “inaccurate handling time program”.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@postingid2017 wrote:

....  each Seller 'contacted' me with a sob story.  I realize stating 'sob story' may sound harsh, but that is what was told to me. 

Giving a good sob story is customary with some sellers 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@therogue-trader wrote:

I think they have even stoped showing long handling times.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@therogue-trader wrote:

But I don't see it.

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 11.27.23 AM.png

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks to all that responded - since I no longer sell here (just a buyer now) or anywhere else, I thought that I was miss reading it.  Since I've had two (2) Seller(s) do this back to back, I now check my messages after paying.   I have always been an eBay buyer and I did not want to go to the other site, but listing an item and then say it is out of stock, does not sit well with me,  kind of sort of me being a 64 yr old brat, LOL!

Thanks to everyone again and have a great day 😍

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@therogue-trader wrote:

But I don't see it.

This is what I see on one of their listings.

I checked a couple others and they didn't show it.

ScreenShot.jpg

Have a great day
Message 12 of 12
latest reply