cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I click on sold listings and watch list relisted items eBay is redirecting me to a similar item

eBay just continues to change things for the worse! I both buy and sell on eBay. I keep a watch list and if an item ends I watch to see if it is relisted if I didn't or couldn't purchase it at the time. Now, when an item is relisted and I click on view relisted item-it redirects me to what eBay considers a similar item saying this item is no longer available even though it is and the item they redirect me to is sometimes not even remotely close to the item I have in my watch list. If I wanted to see that item that they redirect me to  I would have searched for it. I want to see the item I am trying to view-not what eBay thinks I should view!!! I now have to click on see sellers other items and go through all of their listings to find the relisted item. This is happening over 90% of the time. This is frustrating as a buyer and it angers me as a seller because if potential buyers are having this trouble with an item of mine in their watch list-they may give up looking for it after the frustration from eBay's new STUPID idea. I also like to go to sold listings and often like to print them out for future reference whether it be for selling mine or purchasing and knowing the selling price for longer than the time eBay leaves them in sold listings. I can no longer do this since eBay is now redirecting you to a similar item. What Stupid ideas that do nothing but aggravate buyers and sellers will they think of to do next? I am so sick of it!!!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: When I click on sold listings and watch list relisted items eBay is redirecting me to a similar

Yes, this is Ebay's idea of making the site better *cough cough*.  Just awful, isn't it?

If you look at the top of the page that it redirects you to there should be a link that states "view original listing".   Look for that link and click it.  

If you don't find that link, it's Ebay "improving the site" right into the ground.   *groan*

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: When I click on sold listings and watch list relisted items eBay is redirecting me to a similar

The link that Caped mentioned is on a blue background, and you have to click the word "listing." 

I agree, that this change is not a good one, but fortunately it doesn't seem to be in all categories. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

There is no link that says view original listing because it is redirecting you to a live listing which in most cases is not even similar to the item that is relisted or sold that I want to look at. There is the word listing in their "this listing is no longer available look at the item we have found for you" (not exact quote-but very close) and yes you do get to the relisted item if you click on the word listing; however, this should anger all sellers since most potential buyers will just see that eBay is stating that the listing is no longer available even though it has in actuality been relisted and will give up there (potentially ruining a possible sale) because the potential buyer will not know to click on the word "listing"! It frustrates me as a buyer and as a seller.  This is going to harm us as sellers and should be addressed with eBay by more than just me otherwise it will not be remedied by undoing the STUPiD new change.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

The word listing that you say I should click on to finally reveal the relisted item that it should have directed me to in the first place does then take me to the relisted item; however, it is within the statement that this listing is no longer available-so how are potential buyers supposed to know to click on the word listing? I think most will think that it is no longer available like the statement states. And, yes it is happening in many categories but for some reason does not happen 100% of the time. This frustrates me both as a buyer and a seller. We as sellers are going to lose sales because of it. I have complained to eBay but unless many of us do, nothing is going to change. They made a change that will hurt us and we should all be concerned and want it to go back to the way it was where you clicked on relisted item or a sold item for future reference and that is where it took you (to the item YOU wanted to look at NOT an item eBay THINKS you might want to look at!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@715*gray wrote:

The word listing that you say I should click on to finally reveal the relisted item that it should have directed me to in the first place does then take me to the relisted item; however, it is within the statement that this listing is no longer available-so how are potential buyers supposed to know to click on the word listing? I think most will think that it is no longer available like the statement states. And, yes it is happening in many categories but for some reason does not happen 100% of the time. This frustrates me both as a buyer and a seller. We as sellers are going to lose sales because of it. I have complained to eBay but unless many of us do, nothing is going to change. They made a change that will hurt us and we should all be concerned and want it to go back to the way it was where you clicked on relisted item or a sold item for future reference and that is where it took you (to the item YOU wanted to look at NOT an item eBay THINKS you might want to look at!

"The listing you are looking for has ended"... the word listing a hyperlink that will take you to the auction that has ended

It does not take you to a relisted auction.   There is no relisted auction.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@715*gray wrote:

... yes you do get to the relisted item if you click on the word listing; however, this should anger all sellers since most potential buyers will just see that eBay is stating that the listing is no longer available even though it has in actuality been relisted and will give up there (potentially ruining a possible sale) because the potential buyer will not know to click on the word "listing"! It frustrates me as a buyer and as a seller.  

Very good point!  I didn't think of that.   This can result in lost sales because I have had people look at my ended listings, then message me that they would like me to relist or relist at buy it now.  Your average buyer is not going to spend time searching through the thousands of these boards looking for the workaraound.

Since I first noticed this last week I've been wondering if in the future ebay will have a fee to pay if you want to be able to access Sold Listings in the old way.  Right now the extra clicks to work around this really add up when you are trying to research an item to sell.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

this has been posted a few weeks back, several have called and complained. Depending on which rep you talk to, they don't know about it, its a glitch or ebay's doing it on purpose and even triston mention its something new to "help" buyers.  HOW?, as a seller I look to see how much a item sold for and then look at condition to size up my items, now i have to click a couple times. Ebay's just gonna get worse and worse, scariest part is their gonna be in control of payments by end of year and they can't even run a basic format

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

What are you talking about? I am clicking on items in my watch list that state that the seller has relisted the item. I click on "view relisted item". It then redirects me to a totally different item when in fact the item I wanted to see HAS been relisted and I have to go to that seller's other items and go through all of them or search to find it OR  as I found out click on listing on the redirected item. My concern is that potential buyers are not going to know to do that-they are just going to read eBay's false "this listing is no longer available" and think that is true! There IS a relisted auction but you sure can't tell it with eBay's new change which redirects you to some other currently listed item!!!!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Depending on the platform or device you are using, not every redirected item page has the blue bar with the link back to the original item. So some people can find their way back and others cannot.

Another fine mess that eBay has gotten us into.

Hey eBay, GET OUT OF MY WAY AND LET ME BUY!

"Here at eBay, we're not happy unless you're not happy!"
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Absolutely agree with your comments. As a buyer (and sometimes seller) I want to know how much an item sold for -- or even if it sold at all if it has a reserve or high opening bid -- and this EBay redirect to a different item is utterly FRUSTRATING!!!

I would simply love to strangle whoever is responsible for it. It began a few weeks ago and is driving me crazy as I often want to see the final selling price of an item or whether to expect a relisting if it did not sell.

It's treating bidders as morons or sheep -- to be redirected by the 'wise' algorithms to something you do NOT want to see!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

As a collector I like to check or review items sold in my watch list for reference and identification purposes and not to find instead now recommendations for alternative items with NO connection to an original listing? This is a recent change and not a bit helpful at all! How rude of Ebay to assume what is of interest to me. Been on here many years and certainly don't need this new feature. Your medling with my watch list and assumed alternarive recommendations are painfully unappreciated. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Same complaints here.

1. I was outbidded and I can't see the winning bid, instead Ebay is displaying something I really don't want to buy.

2. I sent seller a message before end of auction and seller responed when auction was over providing missing information and asking if I'd like to buy item if relisted. But when I click to item link in message Ebay displays something which doesn't make any sense to me.

3. Watched listing has ended and I'd like to see if this item has been relisted - no luck, Ebay thinks that it doesn't matter what do I buy and displays some trash.

4. I receive item sold Email from Ebay, if I open message in other computer (or Smartphone), Ebay displays me similar thing from same seller (me) and I ship wrong item, wrong size and wrong color.

5. ??? don't know yet but list will be long

So far I haven't found anyting in this function which could enhance my Ebay experience.

Instead I feel that Ebay considers me an imbecil.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

If an item you were outbid on has closed, there should be a link to the closed auction by following the Bids/Offers link on your My eBay page.

If the item was on one of your watch lists, it will still be there after auction ends. There will be a note on the list if/when that item relists.

I agree that things would be much easier for me if eBay had a more permanent link to an auction that didn't morph into a different auction after the close of the original. But eBay is trying to make things easier for the marginal auction buyer who just wants to buy an item and doesn't want to spend time looking at auctions that are over. If that ultimately leads to more sales, that's a good thing. Even if it means that power users have to jump through some extra hoops to gather the data we want.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I agree, this has been driving me crazy. I'm looking for something specific, and it re-directs me to what they want me to look at.

NO THANKS.

I want to start my own thread about this but I see there are so many others already out there they should just combine them into one or better yet just fix the problem.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply