cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when the item you buy was described as excellent, but it isn't even close

I recently bought a set of six Pyrex cups and saucers, which the seller described as "in great condition." They're not. Three have chips on the rims, which make them unusable. One has a big orange stain on it. Several others have significant dark stains on the handles or rims.

I wrote to the seller, sent pictures that show the problems, and asked for my money back. Other than waiting for the seller to reply, is there anything else I need to do? If the seller wants me to return the merchandise, am I obliged to pay for return shipping?

Thanks. This is the first time in years I've had a bad buying experience on eBay.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What to do when the item you buy was described as excellent, but it isn't even close

@sidsalts 

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What to do when the item you buy was described as excellent, but it isn't even close

@sidsalts 

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

locate the order in your Purchase History. Click Return this item. Select a reason. Submit. This opens a return case on eBay.

If the seller doesn't refund or provide a return label by 3 days go back to the case and ask eBay for help. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@sidsalts wrote:

...If the seller wants me to return the merchandise, am I obliged to pay for return shipping?...

No, if you file the correct Item Not As Described claim -- as the other posters have outlined for you --  the seller must send you a return shipping label.

If eBay intervenes on your behalf because the seller is unresponsive, eBay will tell you keep the Pyrex along with the refund.

Even if the seller's listing said, "No Returns" that does not mean "No Refunds."  You are fully protect by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Sorry you ran into such a poor seller.  You do wonder what sellers like that are thinking!  

-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

And, after you handle this as instructed, how about taking a moment to read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  It's seen in every listing and explains exactly what to do if/when you encounter a problem like you have described.  No need to write to the seller, no need to send pictures etc.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply