cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does ITAD have to do with me as a buyer?

One e-bay seller mentioned ITAD in his ad.  I sent a question as I had never heard of such.  His answer was "Its an itad reference table for grading laptops". 

So far, my research tells me it is meaningless to me as a buyer.  So does ITAD affect me in any way at all as an e-bay buyer?  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What does ITAD have to do with me as a buyer?

IT asset disposition (ITAD) is an industry term and practice built around reusing, recycling, repurposing, repairing or disposing of unwanted IT equipment in a safe and environmentally responsible way.

Companies using ITAD grading are telling you the condition of the item so yes, that would be important info to a buyer looking to purchase a computer.

One company's grading chart:

https://www.techbuyer.com/media/pdf/ITAD-process-and-grading-guide.pdf

Without seeing the exact listing with its grade or chart reference I can't offer more specific help @alexethridge.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@alexethridge 

Well, I had to google it and it sure didn't mean much to me. LOL

Let me try to reach out to some brainiacs. Hey, @wastingtime101@eburtonlab... ever heard of this ^^^ one?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

IT asset disposition (ITAD) is an industry term and practice built around reusing, recycling, repurposing, repairing or disposing of unwanted IT equipment in a safe and environmentally responsible way.

Companies using ITAD grading are telling you the condition of the item so yes, that would be important info to a buyer looking to purchase a computer.

One company's grading chart:

https://www.techbuyer.com/media/pdf/ITAD-process-and-grading-guide.pdf

Without seeing the exact listing with its grade or chart reference I can't offer more specific help @alexethridge.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks.  I think I will avoid anything ITAD rated as I have no idea what I would be getting myself in for.  I might buy, then have regret due to something I don't understand about ITAD.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply