cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS THE FEEDBACK STATUS GONE FROM THE PURCHASE HISTORY PAGE AGAIN!!!!!!

WHY IS THE FEEDBACK STATUS GONE FROM THE PURCHASE HISTORY PAGE AGAIN!!!!!! DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO SEE IF A SELLER HAS LEFT A BUYER FEEDBACK WITH IT NOT SHOWING ON EACH PURCHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO WE HAVE TO KEEP GOING THROUGH THIS SAME ISSUE OVER AND OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO LEAVE ANYBODY FEEDBACK UNTIL THIS IS CORRECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: WHY IS THE FEEDBACK STATUS GONE FROM THE PURCHASE HISTORY PAGE AGAIN!!!!!!

@onepunchproductions wrote:

thats what the "follow up feedback" function is for

Okay, if that's the way you want to do it.  But the fraudster would still retain credit for the positive feedback, and once that feedback rolls off the first page less than one user in ten will even see the Follow Up that contradicts the original comment.  But I guess it's better than nothing. 

Message 46 of 70
latest reply

@rlwieneke wrote:

Obviously you have no grasp whatsoever of the fact this post has absolutely NOTHING to do with the feedback process itself

Your frustration about eBay's removal of the status icons in the orders section is understandable.  I miss them, too, although perhaps not as passionately. 

Message 47 of 70
latest reply

Hi, totally agreed with you, this was downgrade from eBay... this is a headache. This makes eBay different from other stores, the trust you get from the feedback you left. You have to promote and encourage people to leave feedback, not the other way around.

Message 48 of 70
latest reply

I also agree with the OP. I thought maybe I had accidentally changed something in my profile when I noticed the missing icons a few months ago. Having recently sold several items, I wanted to see who had left feedback before I left it for them. That has always been the rule with my account; You leave me positive, I do the same for you. Now, I have to search my own feedback page and make note of which buyers have left feedback and which have not and then send a friendly reminder to those buyers who have not replied. And as the OP said, from now on, I will not leave feedback until I receive it. Why should I bump their numbers up while mine remains stagnant? Poor choice by ebay programmers and I really see no benefit in the change.

Message 49 of 70
latest reply

I agree, no easy way to tell if feedback has been left or not. eBay programmers are making it hard to do to leave feedback if it can be done at all. just spend more time doing feedback then shopping for more items. eBay programmers you goIng to lose money. I see no good reason either to remove the feedback shipping and paid icons from the orders page makes no sense give us the option to have them or not eBay.

Message 50 of 70
latest reply

I agree with the original poster... 

I've been on eBay for 20+ years as a buyer and seller...

As a buyer  I only leave feedback after the seller has left feedback, I will not leave feedback first as a buyer...

As a seller I always leave feedback first and then send 1 or 2 friendly reminders after the item arrives to the buyer that I left positive feedback and their feedback would be appreciated after a week or so if feedback hasn't been left...

Under the "old way" it was so much easier to track feedback left and received, packages mailed by seller and received by buyer instead of having to cross reference every purchase and sale individually... Everything was neat and easy to read all on one page for each item... 

Message 51 of 70
latest reply

Absolutely, EVERYTHING for each individual item was visible and all together in one place.

Message 52 of 70
latest reply

I am with you. on eBay since it started. I just spend a half hour looking for that very page, to no avail. what a PITA. 

Message 53 of 70
latest reply

eBay splitting up the Status Indicators from the same page would be the same thing as taking a car's Fuel Gauge off the Dashboard and relocating it to the Trunk underneath the carpet.

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

And I mostly agree with you. As a seller I leave feedback upon receipt of payment, and as a buyer, if the seller hasn't left it by the time I receive my purchase, I assume they don't care, so I don't bother.

But I never solicit feedback from my customers. If they want to leave it fine, if not, that's fine, too. I've seen that result in negatives being left on an otherwise perfect transaction.

When someone purchases my items, they do not enter into an agreement to leave feedback. Frankly, I am sick to death of getting bugged for feedback on nearly everything I buy online, or if I make a call to customer service. And to clarify, I am NOT talking about eBay, as I rarely (if ever) get asked for feedback by eBay sellers. I'm talking about everything else.

Message 55 of 70
latest reply

That's how I do it also, as a seller I leave feedback once payment is received... I completely understand your reasoning about the buyer not entering into an agreement to leave feedback... Gives me something to think about as a seller... Thanks...

Message 56 of 70
latest reply

Noticed this issue myself a few weeks back... I'm guessing it's either something ELSE crookbay have managed to break recently; or, it's apparently their idea of an 'improvement'... at this point, it really could go either way!

Personally speaking, aside from the obvious loss of functionality & ease of use the little icons provided, this new 'format' honestly just makes the purchase section look butt-ugly... still, as the OP themselves said, it's frankly just one more reason not to bother any longer with this site's farce of a 'feedback' system..!

Side note - Also, not that anyone from ebay will likely ever read this, but, just on the off chance...

STOP FREAKIN' ASKING ME TO SIGN IN ABOUT A BIZZILION TIMES A DAY - IDIOTS!!! 😤

Whew, sorry... just had to get that out my system, thanks.

Message 57 of 70
latest reply

@theanonymousgrouch 

STOP FREAKIN' ASKING ME TO SIGN IN ABOUT A BIZZILION TIMES A DAY

That might be caused by several different things -- using a VPN with a dynamic IP-address, using a hotspot, or using certain privacy settings might result in repeated sign-in requests. Blocking cookies (including third-party cookies) or using "Tracking protection" might also cause that or make it difficult to go through sign-in or verification. Or a corrupt cookie might cause that issue; in that case, try manually erasing just your eBay cookies and see if that makes any difference, or try another browser as a test.

Message 58 of 70
latest reply

I was wondering the same thing.. And now because of it I don't leave any feedback either which is unfortunate because many do deserve it.

Message 59 of 70
latest reply

not to get off topic, but your feedback philosophy is flawed. You mentioned that you had sold several items, and were waiting for buyers to post feedback first before reciprocating. Nonsense. Once the buyer has paid, they have fulfilled their obligation, and the SELLER should post that feedback first.   

Message 60 of 70
latest reply