cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Scanned label without item

Hey, need some advice here. Usps scanned a label that was no longer attached to the box and ebay refuses to allow me to appeal a refund. Need any advice I can get here. Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: USPS Scanned label without item

@schu_e2brgh wrote:

Hey, need some advice here. Usps scanned a label that was no longer attached to the box and ebay refuses to allow me to appeal a refund. Need any advice I can get here. Thanks!

When you receive just a shipping label without the item behind the label @schu_e2brgh 

nenu5410_0-1704560885805.jpeg

Just start a return request with the MISSING PARTS OR PIECES and upload a photo plus a comment

-- to return that label for a refund, using a free prepaid return label

-- or outright a full refund no return needed.

But if that horse has flown the coop because you didn't work that return request correctly, start another return request here with photo, etc. at PayPal if that's how you paid, to return that label (you'll pay return shipping) for your refund when tracking shows it was delivered back to the seller.

Otherwise, file a chargeback with you card issuer and provide a photo and/or the carrier's notation on the label, to get your refund.

Or try to get your refund from the post office, even though they don't have your money for the item.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Are you saying they just delivered the shipping label?

Did you file an INAD and use the MBG?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@schu_e2brgh wrote:

If you can prove this happened, present your case to the post office.  Your beef is with them.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@schu_e2brgh wrote:

When you receive just a shipping label without the item behind the label @schu_e2brgh 

nenu5410_0-1704560885805.jpeg

Just start a return request with the MISSING PARTS OR PIECES and upload a photo plus a comment

-- to return that label for a refund, using a free prepaid return label

-- or outright a full refund no return needed.

But if that horse has flown the coop because you didn't work that return request correctly, start another return request here with photo, etc. at PayPal if that's how you paid, to return that label (you'll pay return shipping) for your refund when tracking shows it was delivered back to the seller.

Otherwise, file a chargeback with you card issuer and provide a photo and/or the carrier's notation on the label, to get your refund.

Or try to get your refund from the post office, even though they don't have your money for the item.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I submitted a "Did not recieve item" and ebay denied my claim because seller re-uploaded tracking information. I am currently waiting on my appeal but was trying to figure out if I had options before a chargeback etc. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the input, but the seller was given a picture of the label with the damage parcel sticker. It is his responsibility to place a claim as I did not purchase the label. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the input. In your experience has ebay been more receptive if you ring them? I believe something has been lost in translation on their end as my refund claim was dismissed only by seller uploading tracking information.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@schu_e2brgh wrote:

I submitted a "Did not recieve item" and ebay denied my claim because seller re-uploaded tracking information. I am currently waiting on my appeal but was trying to figure out if I had options before a chargeback etc. 

You should not appeal the "item not received" claim. You should file a return request with the reason "missing parts or pieces". You can still do that on eBay before going to a chargeback.

Let the seller know you'll cooperate if they file an insurance claim with USPS since the carrier delivered a label to you with no package attached. I assume USPS put some kind of sticker on it indicating the issue @schu_e2brgh ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@schu_e2brgh wrote:

Thanks for the input, but the seller was given a picture of the label with the damage parcel sticker. It is his responsibility to place a claim as I did not purchase the label. 

If the parcel shows delivered and you filed "not received" you should have lost and will lose any appeals trying to claim it didn't arrive.  Take the advice from numerous people above and file "not as described", missing a rather important part namely the whole box and all the contents.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Yep, there was a sticker and a written note from the postman. Seller accused me of not being truthful because I only sent him a picture on the 1st when item was delivered on 26th( I was out of town). So I don't know how much cooperation I will get from the seller, which is why I have been trying with Ebay itself.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

You are misunderstanding the advice that has been offered.

Filing an item not received claim is the wrong type of claim to file and eBay will not help since tracking shows an item (albeit just a label) was delivered.

You have to file the return request to get assistance from eBay; use the reason missing parts or pieces.

eBay will help if the seller does not cooperate. File the return and if the seller does not accept the return by providing a prepaid label or straight up refund without requiring a return, there will be a link after a few days to ask eBay to step in.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@schu_e2brgh wrote:

Yes, you lost the INR because tracking showed it was delivered.

Try this:

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

No, I understand. This action was taken prior to posting the thread. Thanks for your advice!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Thanks, however I am unable to open a return due to ebay's message that I have already opened a money back guarantee claim. I will follow up with ebay on the phone when they return to work monday. Thanks for the advice.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@schu_e2brgh wrote:

Thanks, however I am unable to open a return due to ebay's message that I have already opened a money back guarantee claim. I will follow up with ebay on the phone when they return to work monday. Thanks for the advice.

If you paid through Pay Pal, open a case with them or contact your credit card.

But, don't file an Item Not Received case, it will also be denied.

Do an Item Not As Described case.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 17
latest reply