cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track number does not reflect the date of delivery

I been with eBay 9 years and never seen a case go in favor for a scammer. Why I believe this is a scammer is because sketchy website  of Continental Courier Service - Delivery Service (ccs-worldcourier.com)

furthermore, tracking number of the package does not correspond to the date of delivery.  To close the case the seller insinuated the delivery. So I went to the local post office to confirm the address and they said  that  address is not what is on the tracking number. To my dismay they withheld the statement because of privacy and I never recieved a package... what can I do if I lost the case and plausible chargeback. Thanks in advance any advice is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lass-leand,

Your topic is short on details, In your order details you should see what the last estimated delivery date for your item is/was, we need to know that.  Was the package coming from outside of the U.S.?  If it was, I take it that the package was given a USPS tracking number that would only update once the Package arrived in the U.S. via Continental Courriers Service, which is based in Dubai of all places.   If you only went to the P.O. with your tracking number you need to go back with a copy of your order details page, or with your phone or tablet if the info is on it, so you can show that to the clerk. 

The seller was kicked off ebay because of scams. A seller cannot just close their account.  Still you have to go through ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG)  process the first part of which is automated and can only look at tracking info for a Delivered scan.  If the computer sees one the dispute will be closed in favor of the seller.  The dispute you open will show up on your My ebay summary page, and when it is closed a note will be in it that has an appeal button. You have 30 days from receiving the note to appeal.

You will have to go back to your P.O..  You need to bring a copy of your order details page which shows your address and the tracking number with you. If you bought using a phone or tablet, you can bring that to show the clerk the order details address and tracking number.

You want to ask the clerk to check the shipping label's  address against yours on the order details page, and also ask them to check the Package type/size/weight info, to see if was is appropriate for what you should have received.    If the info does not match up, you ask the clerk to write a note on Company stationary saying in general that the shipping label's address did not match yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not right for what you should have received. Do not ask them to write specific address or package info, they cannot give it out.  Have the clerk print their name then sign and date the note.

Once you have the note, you can appeal the dispute ruling, if you have lost an appeal already, you contact ebay through their Facebook or Instagram social media pages. (links below) You can write out what happened in the Appeal message, and what you found out, Then add a CLEAR photo or a scan of the note to an Appeal or message.

If you go the social media route which is recommended, but not always necessary, if you get the info before filing an appeal.   The social media reps know about the fake tracking scams and can authorize a refund, but you will need to have the seller's username and the ebay item number. Also mention that the seller is now No longer a registered user.  At the end of your message give them your real and ebay username.  It can take a couple of days before you get a reply.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

In the future I strongly suggest that you check the feedback profile pages of each seller you intend to buy from, before bidding on or buying their items.  You can access a seller's feedback profile page from near the bottom of listing pages. Use the See All Feedback  button below where their name is in a large font.  On the profile page if the seller has received neutral or negative feedback, click on the numbers of them to read only those comments. Never go by a feedback percentage alone. Some people who have been scammed but did not file a dispute may have left feedback saying they never received their items. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The person of interest closed their account

1000023028.png

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@lass-leand,

Your topic is short on details, In your order details you should see what the last estimated delivery date for your item is/was, we need to know that.  Was the package coming from outside of the U.S.?  If it was, I take it that the package was given a USPS tracking number that would only update once the Package arrived in the U.S. via Continental Courriers Service, which is based in Dubai of all places.   If you only went to the P.O. with your tracking number you need to go back with a copy of your order details page, or with your phone or tablet if the info is on it, so you can show that to the clerk. 

The seller was kicked off ebay because of scams. A seller cannot just close their account.  Still you have to go through ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG)  process the first part of which is automated and can only look at tracking info for a Delivered scan.  If the computer sees one the dispute will be closed in favor of the seller.  The dispute you open will show up on your My ebay summary page, and when it is closed a note will be in it that has an appeal button. You have 30 days from receiving the note to appeal.

You will have to go back to your P.O..  You need to bring a copy of your order details page which shows your address and the tracking number with you. If you bought using a phone or tablet, you can bring that to show the clerk the order details address and tracking number.

You want to ask the clerk to check the shipping label's  address against yours on the order details page, and also ask them to check the Package type/size/weight info, to see if was is appropriate for what you should have received.    If the info does not match up, you ask the clerk to write a note on Company stationary saying in general that the shipping label's address did not match yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not right for what you should have received. Do not ask them to write specific address or package info, they cannot give it out.  Have the clerk print their name then sign and date the note.

Once you have the note, you can appeal the dispute ruling, if you have lost an appeal already, you contact ebay through their Facebook or Instagram social media pages. (links below) You can write out what happened in the Appeal message, and what you found out, Then add a CLEAR photo or a scan of the note to an Appeal or message.

If you go the social media route which is recommended, but not always necessary, if you get the info before filing an appeal.   The social media reps know about the fake tracking scams and can authorize a refund, but you will need to have the seller's username and the ebay item number. Also mention that the seller is now No longer a registered user.  At the end of your message give them your real and ebay username.  It can take a couple of days before you get a reply.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

In the future I strongly suggest that you check the feedback profile pages of each seller you intend to buy from, before bidding on or buying their items.  You can access a seller's feedback profile page from near the bottom of listing pages. Use the See All Feedback  button below where their name is in a large font.  On the profile page if the seller has received neutral or negative feedback, click on the numbers of them to read only those comments. Never go by a feedback percentage alone. Some people who have been scammed but did not file a dispute may have left feedback saying they never received their items. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply