cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is pathetic...

Bought item from the seller  but he never shipped on time...I opened the case but seller ignored my request for refund...item arrived today and I simply want to return it for refund...ebay system simply not working..shows the error when I'm trying to proceed...the worst part that I get a message from ebay that I have 24 hours to resolve the return or case will be closed automatically... any advise? Thanks..p.s. paypal is useless in this case..

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: This is pathetic...

@msha3839 

Well, let's see.

• You requested a refund based on "I haven't received it yet." (This is commonly referred to as an "INR" for "Item Not Received.")
  • Then you received the item.
  • Now you don't want the item, so you want to return it.

Is that correct?

Obviously, because you received the item, eBay will find against you on the INR. As I recall, you can close the case yourself, or you can wait until eBay closes it. There isn't another "case" or "request" you need to open to just return an item you don't want.

As for returning the item, it will depend on the seller's return policy, which would be stated on the item listing. If the seller has, for example, "free 30-day returns," you can contact the seller and request a return. If the seller has a "no returns" policy, you cannot return the item. There are several types of return policies, so you'll have to research that yourself (since we can't see what the seller's return policy is). 

If you determine what the seller's return policy is, but you're unfamiliar with exactly what it involves, post again and we'll try to help with that.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I want to return it but the system not letting me to proceed with return...

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

'..Now you don't want the item, so you want to return it..." ..no the item was shipped week after guaranteed delivery date, so I bought similar item on Amazon and got it in two days...I have a problem with a return .. ebay system not letting me to proceed with return and shows error..tried with different browsers with no luck.. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

I want to return it but the system not letting me to proceed with return...

As @pburn posted, you'll need to close the INR (since you received it) to proceed with a return request.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

"...you'll need to close the INR (since you received it) to proceed with a return request...".. did it  but still the same problem...

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Now to add insult to an injury , ebay sent me an email that I have to pay for return label via paypal...seller's fault and I have to pay...great...

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

when did you order?

what was the 'estimated delivery date' on your order?

when did you receive?

what did tracking say (now that you have it you can look it up) as to when the item was first shipped or label created?

How many handling days does the listing state? 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

"..when did you order?

what was the 'estimated delivery date' on your order?.."... mid March with a guaranteed delivery date March 21 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

In a guaranteed delivery case seller does not accept returns free return is not an option

https://pages.ebay.com/shipping/guaranteed-delivery.html 

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

So what is a point of guaranteed delivery by certain date?  Item arrived 8 days later... 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Did the item qualify for the "GUARANTEED DELIVERY" program, or are you simply referring to the "ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE" posted on the listing? They are two dramatically different things . . .

Maybe you could posted a little snippet of JUST that part of the item listing so we can take a look at it.

Remember that you cannot post a snippet that would have ANYTHING to identify the seller or the actual listing itself.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

It was " guaranteed delivery"...

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

It was " guaranteed delivery"...

That makes a big difference. Sure wish you would have mentioned that in your original post--members, including myself, would've responded much differently.

That aside, I'm sure you read the link to information about guaranteed delivery posted earlier. Which one of the two options in bold, below, are you trying to use--the one that isn't working for you?

If your item doesn’t arrive by the guaranteed delivery date

If the item you bought with Guaranteed Delivery doesn’t arrive on time, we’ll make it right.

To let us know, you can either:

• Find the Guaranteed Delivery information in your order emails and click let us know. Then click Report delivery issue on the order details page.
  • Find your item in My eBay under Purchase History and select Report late delivery from the More actions drop-down menu.

Next, select an option to let us know how we can make it right for you. You may be able to:

• Receive a voucher that you can use on a future eBay purchase (if shipping was free).
  • Get a refund for the shipping cost (if you paid for shipping).
  • Return the item for free and get a full refund if the listing offers returns.
  • Let the seller know that you didn’t receive your item.

That’s all you have to do! We’ll process your request right away. Just make sure that you let us know within 30 days from the guaranteed delivery date.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Did everything by the book...pointless..did something better..contacted  the bank that issued PP MC and within two minutes, after explaining the situation, they issued full refund for the item... that what I call customer support..

Message 15 of 19
latest reply