cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's nothing to buy.

I can't find anything worth buying. In my category it is nothing but overpriced, unwanted, or I already have it. I think the good, normal sellers just gave up. Sad, because I actually am in a reasonable neighborhood of having them all. Even sadder, they are not sold anywhere else.

😧

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: There's nothing to buy.

Well, what are you looking for?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Every time I get the wish list for my three nieces and nephews, the first place I come to is eBay. I ALWAYS find exactly what I am looking for at a great price with shipping. Perhaps I am luckier than you are? 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I find  shipping can make items overpriced but that's not the seller's fault

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I'm guessing Christmas ornaments, since that seems to be the only thing their various sellers have in common. Or maybe bears.

When our philatelic collectors get as far as they can with a collection, they often switch to some other version. Like a Canada collector may start collecting Newfoundland or a cover collector may switch to commercial cachets.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I collect Springbok jigsaw puzzles.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@completepuzzle 

"I collect Springbok jigsaw puzzles."

I just entered the keywords "Springbok puzzles," and received over 15,000 hits.

If you can't find "anything worth buying," you must be awfully fussy. . ..

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I am fussy like you would not believe. As I said, all of those 15K are either ones I have (about 1100), or are unwanted (Allied took the brand in 2000 and ruined it), or are too expensive (I don't know how rich I'd have to be to pay $400).

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Too bad you don't live in Minnesota -- I know of two antique store that stock 100s of old Springbok puzzles ('course there's no guarantee that they're complete. . ..)

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Auctions and flea-markets are spot markets.  New stuff comes up all the time.  The key to shopping is to have a list of items and not just be looking for only one.  Never know what the next day will bring.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@completepuzzle,

You have not given us enough information to be able to help you.  You seem to buy a lot of puzzles, and if that is what you are searching for maybe if you tell us what your search terms are and the category you have selected, we may be able to help.   I did a simple search of jigsaw puzzles in toys & hobbies, and there are 500K results.  There has to be something in those listings you could buy.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@completepuzzle wrote:

I can't find anything worth buying. In my category it is nothing but overpriced, unwanted, or I already have it. I think the good, normal sellers just gave up. Sad, because I actually am in a reasonable neighborhood of having them all. Even sadder, they are not sold anywhere else.

😧

Ah the I can get it for what I want to pay topic.

LOL. Just your category??

You doing a catagory search or item specifics search??

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I guess it is an item-specific, but I do have it narrowed down to simply the Puzzles category.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Search these days is a problem.

If you are targeting a brand, and not searching by catagory you may not find what you want these days.

More specific on what you are looking for may aid folks in aid for your search.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

If you can't search for one word, then search is useless.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply