cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The buyer does not meet the seller's criteria

Very rarely, but a situation arises when I, as a buyer, do not meet the seller’s criteria and the seller refuses to sell me the product. What are these criteria, how can they be dangerous for the seller (this is not an auction, but a regular sale). Where can I find out what criteria I meet as a buyer?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Looking at your feedback, you've had a few problems paying for your orders and most sellers will block you if you've had 2 or more orders canceled for not paying.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi @yulcher_12 

Sellers read the feedback buyers have left for previous sellers ... and will block buyers who look like they'll cause trouble down the line.  Leaving that seller negative feedback may have made you feel better ... but you now are likely to be blocked from bidding by most other sellers who notice that feedback.  [I'm amused that you think a seller is 'petty' for expecting you to pay for the auctions you've won from them.]

That said, the seller violated eBay policy for mentioning your non-payments in the feedback they left you.  eBay will remove those comments if you contact them and ask.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I block anyone with 2 non paying strikes in the last year. Once some real nice guy wrote and explained how he ended up with 2 and asked me to unblock him and promised he would pay.... I did, he bought the item, he didn't pay. Now he is permanently blocked, and has yet another strike. So it goes. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That's Code for You've been Blocked

Message 5 of 5
latest reply