cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cart

If you put items in your cart, are you purchasing them? Or can you hold them for a time and if you find something else can you remove them. I had several “ you need to buy now” notices. Just need some help here. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The Cart

Hi @jeangear-0 

I stopped using eBay’s Cart MANY years ago because buyers were complaining that items sitting in their Cart somehow got ‘purchased’  without their knowing how.  I put items of interest in my Watchlist instead … just to be safe.

I frankly don’t know whether putting items in our Cart can get purchased by mistake.  Hopefully, another member will provide that information.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The Cart

I think, they get brought up to waiting to be purchased, and me feeling like I don’t know how to do things paid more than I wanted for them. That really sucks, guess I will watch from now on too.  Thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The Cart

They call it a shopping cart but, it's just a shopping list.  Items in your " cart " are not being held. They are still for sale and others can buy them. So if you want them you should purchase right away before another buyer does.   Just placing an item in the cart does not purchase it. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The Cart

Putting an item in your cart alone is not enough to buy it. Generally you must take another affirmative step to confirm the purchase such as making an offer that is accepted by the seller, or accepting an offer, checking out, or specifically requesting an invoice from the seller.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The Cart

No. Add to cart is not a purchase. I use it sometimes if buying multiple items from same seller in case there is combined shipping. I recommend removing items from the cart that you don't intend to purchase. Be careful with this function.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The Cart

Items in the cart stay active until you either hit purchase or request total. It is better to put items you are thinking of buying on your watchlist. Also, sellers have no idea if you have any items in your cart unless you hit purchase or request total. The carts' function is supposed to be used for purchasing mainly multiple items from the same seller if you are wanting combined shipping. It is always best to contact the seller first to make sure that they are willing to combine before hitting the purchase or request total button.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The Cart

There are always some buyers who leave items in their cart and forget about them. They sometimes decide to put other items and their cart and buy them. They sometimes discover they have also purchased those forgotten items as well.

It is a bad practice to use your cart as a watchlist.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply