cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no way to turn off "recently viewed" item notifications without also turning off watched items

I'm very annoyed that I am getting deluged with 'Auction ending' and other trivia regarding Items I briefly looked at! I am well aware, if I want to be notified about an Item, I can put it in my watch list.

I do not want to be disturbed at all hours of the day and night with updates about items I have not the slightest interest in, apart from having a cursory look at in the past.

Apparently, this is an ongoing problem that has plagued eBay for years.  I know it is not in their interest to 
fix it - as a tiny percentage of recipients might actually jump in and buy the item - but for the sanity of the
rest of us, please can notifications be restricted to items we are actually interested in. 

I know you can turn off notifications, but it's all or nothing, so you have to forgo being updated on items you 
want to know about, to avoid being disturbed about ones you don't! This makes no sense???

This problem goes back years, here is a ancient post that got closed due to inaction on a fix:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Still-no-way-to-turn-off-quot-recently-viewed-quot-item/td-p/32...

This post references other posts that have been archived, so God knows how long this has been an issue for us, but clearly not for eBay!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Still no way to turn off "recently viewed" item notifications without also turning off watched items

100% in agreement.   They keep closing the treads instead of addressing the problem.  I am a member of a lot of social media apps/site where we try to help others identify things they found.  In trying to help others, we often end up on eBay to find details.  It is a great resource for that.  So, I look at tons of items I have zero interest in buying most of the time, but I get these push notifications at all hours.  I do want notifications for things I add to my Watchlist, especially price reductions...  This should be a simple fix but eBay is ignoring the community. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Communication Preferences (ebay.com)

This is an eBay link.

Notifications | eBay

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

krazzykats_0-1699808066639.png

I can add or remove what I want to receive or not.

KrazzyKats

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Do those options checked/unchecked actually work for you?

About a year ago, when everything seemed to take on a "kindergarten" look (guessing updated for mobile users), the offers to buyers doesn't work properly. I've tried to re-submit, check/uncheck - I still get all kinds of offers, as OP seems to as well, on items I briefly glanced at for seconds. Prior, it worked well, I received no offers.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I can only assume they do, as I receive very few ad offers in my messages.  I rarely check my email since there are too many offers from everywhere else on the internet.  😞

KrazzyKats

Message 6 of 6
latest reply