cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So if your auction isn't getting the high bids you wanted, you can just end it? You're kidding me!

About 24 hours ago, I placed two consecutive bids, and had the winning bid on a French Cello, that was listed for Auction + FREE Shipping. The Auction was ending today (2/6/18). This was a No Reserve Auction Listing.

I went in to check the status of my bid this morning, and discovered the Listing was gone, the Item was gone  from my Watch List, and gone from my Bid History. It doesn't even show up in my Recently Viewed list!

After some searching, I have discovered that same identical item, from the same location and same Seller, newly listed today as a Buy It Now Item, at $8000!!!

How is that possible?

That doesn't even sound legal!

It sounds like fraud!

Does this mean if I'm not happy with the bids I'm getting for an Auction Item, I can just end the Auction early, for some **bleep** reason, and screw anyone who has already placed a bid on the item?

Can someone please explain what just happened to this auction I was bidding on?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: So if your auction isn't getting the high bids you wanted, you can just end it? You're kidding

wrote:

If the seller subsequently relisted the item without addressing whatever the violation was that got it pulled, he is cruising for a bruising.

Maybe. But it's his right to relist if eBay's lets him. Sellers can do what they want with their property period.

Of course. But if you're going to relist an item after the original listing has been pulled, you need to be darned sure that you're not repeating the same mistake. Sellers have gotten suspended for relisting pulled items without addressing the problem with the original listing.

And if it was pulled because the item itself is problematic (i.e., a counterfeit), then relisting it is waving the cape in front of an angry bull.

Whatever the case, it seems clear from the OP that the original listing was not pulled by the seller. 

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Re: So if your auction isn't getting the high bids you wanted, you can just end it? You're kidding

wrote:

Maybe. But it's his right to relist if eBay's lets him. Sellers can do what they want with their property period.

Attitudes such as this is what has completely destroyed the Ebay auction business.  Ebays needs to step up and take STRONGER penalties against these scams. If you want to list at auction you need to know how auctions work before listing at auction.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

It's not any form of fraud, just how the rules work. I think it's poor selling & definitely doesn't do good for your reputation, but it is allowed. And any auction items I've posted i make sure to post them at the lowest Pryce I'd still accept so they way I'm still profiting. Better luck next time to you 🙂
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

eBay pulled the auction.  That is why, if you go to look at the sellers "Completed Listings" you will NOT see this cello.

It was probably pulled because he had contact information in the listing as he did for the violing that sold in December.

When he relisted, he put no contact info in the listing.  However, he did list who was selling it and what city they were from so this listing may still be pulled for a violation - contact info.

Whe he relisted he simply opted for a definate sales price or best offer.

New seller, loads of errors on his part.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

wrote:

When he relisted, he put no contact info in the listing.  However, he did list who was selling it and what city they were from so this listing may still be pulled for a violation - contact info.

Interesting. Then he is indeed cruising for a bruising.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

I went in to check the status of my bid this morning, and discovered the Listing was gone, the Item was gone  from my Watch List, and gone from my Bid History. It doesn't even show up in my Recently Viewed list!

The above citation is from your original post. Let me repeat for emphasis: a direct citation from your original post.

This is a sure sign that eBay pulled the original listing. If they had not, there would have been residual traces of it in your bid history.

If the seller subsequently relisted the item without addressing whatever the violation was that got it pulled, he is cruising for a bruising.

Absolutely and we have seen this before.  Seller keeps defiantly relisting the item, because they KNOW it is ok to list, in spite of repeated warnings.  They have to have their own way~so they keep relisting, until they are suspended.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply