cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shows delivered but never received item

I purchased an item from a seller in NY. The tracking shows it shipped from Sparrows point, MD (which concerned me) and a day later delivered to my address. I never received the item. After looking at their feedback (negatives), I see that they buy from Amazon and have it shipped to you. 

But what do I do since it shows delivered but I didn’t actually get it.  I have waited over a week hoping it would show up, but it hasn’t. Do I do a “not as described” refund request, but then I don’t have the item? Or let the sender know, but they will just think I’m lying cause it shows delivered. I just think eBay will see it as delivered and I will be SOL. Or do a chargeback on my credit card?

what’s the best course of action for me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Shows delivered but never received item

@d-e wrote:

The tracking shows it shipped from Sparrows point, MD (which concerned me)

and a day later delivered to my address. I never received the item. 

What is the weight shown at the carrier's website? Is that @d-e the correct weight for your item

We have no bahamas today.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

All I see is the tracking info, how do I see the weight? And what do you mean the carriers website? I’m just seeing what is on the eBay purchase history tab.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

All I see is the tracking info, how do I see the weight?

@d-e 

If it is a UPS or FedEx tracking number, you can look here:  

https://www.ship24.com/

It will show you when the tracking number was initiated, from where, the package dimensions and weight, and the street address to where it was delivered.  

@coco9619  will have some good information for you if things look shady.  If your tracking number was USPS, detailed info is not available online viewable for anyone to see like the other carriers, and you may have to make a visit to your local post office for information regarding the parcel NOT being delivered to you.  

This issue is reported here every day, so I have some general information for you as well:

It appears you are a victim of the "fake tracking scam". When you file for item not received, and there is a record of "delivery", the automated system and the regular customer service will not validate the tracking and you lose. If you appeal with the same information, you will lose. If you file anywhere else for "item not received" you are likely to get the same result. Nobody is going to check to see that the tracking is for a parcel that was actually shipped before you even paid, or was for a 50 lb. box when your item was only 4 ounces.

But all hope is NOT lost.

There is usually really good eBay money back guarantee protections in place

UNLESS you are a victim of the "fake tracking scam".

There is something you can do, but it is NOT going to involve calling or chatting with the lower tier eBay customer service anymore.

Just for starters, since you have the tracking number go here, and select the carrier and input the number.

This site just might show you exactly where the parcel was delivered, where it originated, when the parcel was entered into the system. its size and weight.

https://www.ship24.com/

Go check on it, and make a screen shot. The details should show the street address (not yours).

You can get help for your issue. Typically it requires that you have some documentation from the carrier that the tracking number is NOT related to a parcel shipped to your address. That is sometimes difficult to obtain. If your seller is already Naru'd (no longer a registered user) that is a good thing, too. It means eBay already knows about the scamming adventures, and does not want to lose anymore of eBay's money as a result.

Basically, you are going to have to contact eBay via the big blue SEND MESSAGE button on this page:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

The eBay staff that monitors the messages here are well aware of the fake tracking scam. Better yet, they actually have the authority to do something about it. You will need to message with your name, contact information, user ID, item/transaction number, any documentation you may have about the parcel/tracking. You need to mention that your 'seller' is no longer a registered user as well if that is the case.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out for you.

Some others have used the "item not as described claim" and simply get the label from the seller and return what they received....a box of "nothing".   It sort of beats ebay at their own game here, but it is not recommended.  You don't need a rep for sending back "faulty returns" even if the situation warrants it.  There is no reason to believe that the address/details you get for a label is going to be valid for the product either. 

If the ebay system on F.Book does not work out there is always a credit card chargeback. Do not have them both going at the same time.  You will have to be VERY SPECIFIC and explain the "fake tracking scam" to your payment provider so eBay does not counter your claim with the same stupid fake number. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply