Did you mean: 

Should the seller have shipped?

I paid for an item 6 days ago and the seller has not shipped yet 

any advice going forward?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Should the seller have shipped?

What handling time was indicated in the listing? Sellers can choose a handling time of up to 30 days.  Are you sure that the seller hasn't shipped? Perhaps they shipped but the carrier just hasn't scanned the package yet; this is espcially common with USPS.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Check the expected delivery date.  Wait one day past and if it's not arrived, file an item not received case.  Until then, sit tight and see what happens.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@def.a.posting.id,

Besides checking the handling time and last estimated delivery date, check the seller's feedback profile. They may give a U.S. location, but are registered outside of the U.S..  If that is the case they may have to ship an item internationally using a shipping partner of the domestic shipping agency. That means the tracking will not update until the package reaches the U.S. clears customs and is handed off to the domestic carrier. 

The seller may have shipped without tracking and forgot to mark the item as shipped. Using tracking is not required by ebay.

Another reason to check a profile page is to see if your seller has ever sold before, or hasn't sold in over a year. If either is true your seller may have run into the 21 day hold ebay places on all new/returning sellers first few payments, and they don't know how to deal with it.  On their account your payment status would show Pending, so they don't ship and often don't reply to messages about shipping.  If the seller is new/returning try messaging them again and tell them if they haven't shipped because of the Pending status to do a google search for "Payments on hold - ebay". If they do that they will get the info they need to complete the transaction and get the funds released sooner.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You left out some valuable information in your message.

There was an estimated delivery date in the listing.  Has that date passed?

If not, there is not anything you can do at this point.

Sometimes items are NEVER scanned, but still arrive to the buyer.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the advice 

ebay says I have to wait till March 7th to act on this 

It’s  coming from India - I guess I’ll have to be patient!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply