cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should it really be this difficult to resolve an INR claim?

Ordered something 3/1, it was shipped 3/3 with an expected delivery date of 3/8.  3/11 rolls around and it stops moving and the tracking said it would arrive late.  3/16, after it hadn't moved for 5 days and was more than a week late, I filed INR.  No contact from the seller so I escalated to CS as soon as they would let me.  3/20 Ebay puts the case on hold for 10 calendar days to give the seller time to obtain "additional documentation".  3/31 it still said the case was on hold, so I filed a chargeback with my CC company.  4/1 it still said the case was open until after noon, when they closed it because of the chargeback.

What the heck seller?  And more importantly, what the heck EBAY?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes opening a cc charge back will close your eBay case.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Mailed an ESE, no scan at the original sort location (1 out of 12 that day that did not get one) nothing for 2 weeks, finally an origination scan at the destination sort facility, another week before delivery.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"expected delivery date of 3/8"...you did the right thing.

Buyer only gets 30 days to get a refund of such a  date.

It might take about 5 business days to get the refund on the credit card used.

Claim is now in the hands of credit card institution and eBay steps back.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If tracking shows recent movement, they will put the case on hold a few days to see what happens.

Once you opened a case with your credit card, it closes any other case that is open and Ebay will no longer be any help.

You should have let the Ebay case work and wait for your refund or item.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Except it wasn't working.

There wasn't recent movement.  It had been almost three weeks since the last scan.  Then it went two days past the date set by Ebay without anything happening. 

Just saying, I sell 3000+ items a year and I've never waited that long to send either a replacement or a refund.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply