cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Rip Off - DONT ASK EBAY FOR HELP

Ran into a few problems with ebay and their " reps". Anyone else noticing?

It appears as though unless you are super power seller witha large corporation, payroll, 500,000 sq ft warehouse and paying thousands of $$$ in fees....then you dont matter...as a buyer or seller.

I recently win 2 auctions ( I know they already have a bad reputation with their graded cards).

I won 2 auction lots with 88 baseball cards and 3 graded cards. I was mindblown when they tried charging me $24 for shipping ( $12 x 2 auctions). I emailed and they say oh its supposed to be $20. Ive ordered from these West coast powerhouses before. Its the same story. Pack in a box...flat rate priority mail bubble envelope. I dont mind paying accurate shipping however they clearly said in email ( that ebay doesnt care about )...that the buyer is paying for their labor and all costs associated. Wait what? I'm paying shipping charges. Not your labor insurance electric bill gas etc.....

Also since roughly Feb ( RIP KOBE ) I have noticed people jacking up shipping and making a living off the shipping charges. I won a 99 cent baseball card and paid the typical $3.99 shipping. Card doesn't arrive. I ask for tracking 3 times. I got back answers ,excuses ,shipping methods...everything but the tracking. I was finally refunded.  They sold a 99 cent card put a 55 cent stamp on a PWE and kept over $3.40 off shipping. WHAT !!!?? Im A 25 year member and am astonished this is happening. I would never do that to someone.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Shipping Rip Off - DONT ASK EBAY FOR HELP

I have no idea of who this is that you emailed.  However, you should be aware that when you make a purchase that you are agreeing to the shipping and handling as it is in listing.  If you do not like it, do not make the purchase. 

By the way, when you pay the shipping and handling which the seller has set for the item, you are paying for all the things that the seller calculates as a cost of shipping the item to you.  So, as I previously mentioned, if you disagree with the seller's S&H amount, you should not agree to the purchase and shop elsewhere for the item.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You need to find another seller that will ship at actual cost of postage. Unfortunately, here in the land of the mango, we don't work for free.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"I dont mind paying accurate shipping however they clearly said in email ( that ebay doesnt care about )...that the buyer is paying for their labor and all costs associated. Wait what? I'm paying shipping charges. Not your labor insurance electric bill gas etc....."

Of course you're paying the electric bill.  You don't expect your seller to work in the dark, he'd send the wrong card. 

My buyers bought me groceries for the weekend.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@bestdealsmaine,

"I won a 99 cent baseball card and paid the typical $3.99 shipping... They sold a 99 cent card put a 55 cent stamp on a PWE and kept over $3.40 off shipping... I would never do that to someone"

You can't judge other sellers by how you do things. There has never been a requirement that a seller has to charge the exact amount of shipping, which is why ebay's rep responded the way they did.  The only thing about shipping that might have gotten a better response would be if the seller charged for a more expensive service but used a cheaper one.   

You could always mention the shipping difference in a feedback.  You're not shy about leaving non positive comments.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Seller is not ripping u off
If the baseball card is 99 cents it is not worth it 2 the seller 2 list it , ship , plus pay eBay fees and charge u exact ship it 2 u
I think that deal is actually a great deal if I was into collecting BB cards
If the seller prices r unacceptable u have the option of just buy it from someone else
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Although when you commit to purchase you are agreeing to pay the shipping & handling COST that has been specified by your seller, you may not necessarily receive the actual shipping service your seller has specfied.

Example

Some sellers may list USPS priority mail shipping but downgrade to a less costly service level, pocketing the cost difference

What matters most is that you are happy with the items purchased

Message 7 of 7
latest reply