cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers failure to conclude a transaction

Purchase an old camera early this AM.  Paid for the item and shipping fees, however, seller is located in same city as I, so sent seller a note, that I could stop by and pick up the item, as stated in sellers posting.  Received an email from seller:  Due to the fact that seller no longer offers "pick up", seller refunded the amount of sale and shipping fees, with a note that the item will be relisted with the correction re: "pick up " no longer available, and I was welcome to bid again on the relisting.  Seller just posted the item at twice the price .  Where can I get some justice?  Don't seem to find anything regarding this type of issue.  Original posting: 285452485652.  New posting: 285463095284.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The listing did offer local pickup but I suspect that's not the real reason the seller canceled. 

My guess is that the seller wasn't happy with the selling price ($20) because the relisted item has a $40 opening bid. (ETA: since the relisted item also offers local picture, that confirms my suspicion.)

You can report the seller for violating his terms and if you paid and were refunded, you're allowed to leave factual and unemotional feedback describing your disappointment.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you believe the seller is acting unfairly or in violation of eBay policies, you can file a complaint with eBay's customer support. Provide all relevant details, including communication with the seller, to support your case.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Leave this seller with appropriate transaction feedback they earned & deserve.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@woodrowmo-30 wrote:

If you believe the seller is acting unfairly or in violation of eBay policies, you can file a complaint with eBay's customer support. Provide all relevant details, including communication with the seller, to support your case.

This will be a monumental waste of time. The most eBay will do is give the seller a defect on their selling account. If the seller used an honest reason for the cancellation they already received the defect.

If the seller used 'buyer requested' or 'problem with address' as the reason for the cancellation, report them through the link in post #3 to keep them from avoiding the defect. No lengthy recounting of details or communications is necessary.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ipruksleica wrote:

Purchase an old camera early this AM.  Paid for the item and shipping fees, however, seller is located in same city as I, so sent seller a note, that I could stop by and pick up the item, as stated in sellers posting.  Received an email from seller:  Due to the fact that seller no longer offers "pick up", seller refunded the amount of sale and shipping fees, with a note that the item will be relisted with the correction re: "pick up " no longer available, and I was welcome to bid again on the relisting.  Seller just posted the item at twice the price .  Where can I get some justice?  Don't seem to find anything regarding this type of issue.  Original posting: 285452485652.  New posting: 285463095284.

I'm just wondering why you paid for the item + shipping if you intended to use the "free local pickup" option.  Free local pickup is still showing available on the new listing, so seller wasn't telling the whole truth at least.

I'm just wondering if you asking for a refund of the shipping cost gave seller cover to just fully refund & relist.  I agree getting the seller a "defect" for a cancellation you didn't agree to is the closest you will come to "justice". 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Please report the seller via the new listing. They didn't agree to the new terms and they increased the price. I had the same experience from a seller about a phone... We have to get rid of the bad actors on ebay because ebay only cares about the money. 
@ipruksleica wrote:

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Please report the seller via the new listing. They didn't agree to the new terms and they increased the price. I had the same experience from a seller about a phone... We have to get rid of the bad actors on ebay because ebay only cares about the money. 

There is nothing to report in the new listing. There is no eBay rule that prohibits increasing price in a relist. The only thing eBay will do to the seller is give them a defect for the original cancellation. Depending on the reason given for that cancellation that may require a report through the link in post #3. 

I fail to understand why everyone gets so upset that "eBay only cares about the money". Last I knew, eBay is not a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Like every other corporation they're in business to make money.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply