cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller wants to send half the order, have me provide pick up code, then send the second half

I assume to reduce any “risk” somehow. 

This is a large concert ticket order and they want to send 2, have me provide the code, and then send the remaining two. 

Does that seem ok to you all? To me, it seems like I’m telling eBay “we’re all good here” once I give the pick up code. 

And if they don’t send the remaining two, I have a problem. 

Thoughts? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller wants to send half the order, have me provide pick up code, then send the second half

I love it.

I'll sell you my listed order, you pay in full, I send out half, you confirm you received it, then I send out the remaining half. SMH, some sellers will continue to make their own rules. To the OP, I really, really, hope you don't agree to this....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Seller wants to send half the order, have me provide pick up code, then send the second half

Anytime a seller wants to throw out conditions or changes conditions after a sale, its time to walk away.

Either sell what's listed as listed or lose buyers.  Not even touching the fact that it sounds scammy to me.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I mean, I kind of get it on their end. A buyer could claim they never got the ticket transfer, or something. Not sure how that would go down with eBay support but would be a nightmare. Scammers everywhere online with the ticket stuff. 

good news though. I pushed back, gave reasoning and they obliged. All good! 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Providing the 6- digit or QR code is for local pickup. 

When you provide the seller with the code it's proof to eBay the buyer picked up their item. You would not be able to claim not received if they didn't send everything.

Sounds like a scam to me.

If you paid they need to fork over all of the tickets. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@mindrea97 wrote:

I mean, I kind of get it on their end. A buyer could claim they never got the ticket transfer, or something. Not sure how that would go down with eBay support but would be a nightmare. Scammers everywhere online with the ticket stuff. 

good news though. I pushed back, gave reasoning and they obliged. All good! 

@mindrea97 That's a part of online selling, no guarantees. However, that doesn't mean a seller can make up their own rules. Good on you to first check with the forum and then push back on the seller. I'm so glad you are all good now. Your post serves as a warning to others now. Best of luck to you....

Message 6 of 6
latest reply