cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller trying to pass off Chinese made goods as non Chinese

I bought some tools from a seller, the listing claimed they use European materials and the manufacturing is done in a 'Western Hemisphere' country. The seller claims the manufacturing meets ISO specs and is UL approved.

After receiving the goods, the packaging does not list the manufacturer or country of origin. There is no UPC code or UL stamp on the packaging. I suspect it is knock-offs from China, and possibly unsafe to use. The seller does not accept refunds.  Do I have any recourse?

Regards

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You just have to click the return this item button in purchases.  Choose not as described for the reason. The seller has to pay it's return.

No returns does not apply to items not as described or arrive damaged.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You just have to click the return this item button in purchases.  Choose not as described for the reason. The seller has to pay it's return.

No returns does not apply to items not as described or arrive damaged.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. I didn't realize when you step through the return process, you have to include pictures. That part was tripping me up since I could not figure out why the submit button was disabled. After going back to the shop and taking pictures, I was able to submit.

Should I bring this seller to ebay's attention? I doubt if ebay would care, since they probably make plenty of money from sellers drop-shipping from China. I was annoyed that this seller was trying to pass off low quality merchandise.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You are correct. EBay doesn't care. Ebay is littered with China sellers posing as selling OEM parts. They would have to be blind not to know. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The case will do that.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Follow up. After requesting the refund, Ebay gives the seller a few days to respond (or dispute?).

The seller didn't respond, so Ebay defaulted to my request and credited my PayPal account.

I guess even though the seller is misrepresenting their wares (which is a safety issue) Ebay does not have the time or interest to investigate.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If you are unaware of the Money Back Guarantee, now would be a good time to learn abut it.

And that "does not accept returns" stance makes no difference when you receive an item that's NAD. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply