cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller steal my money NBA trading card

I bought a Tyrese Hliburton 2022 Elite GenreGraphs redemption card from EBAY seller  for $149.95 , but when i got the card, the coating has been scraped off, and it has been redeemed already.

This seller have more than 190000 positive feedbacks,  I turned to seller to see what happened before open a case, but no response at all.

Then i have to open a case, but after ebay review the case, judge me lose.  i e-mailed the seller more than 20 times, but the seller keep urging me remove the negative feedback i left him, he never regret what he did,  i don't believe a seller with 190000 feedbacks have such ugly behavior.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Naming and shaming is not allowed, your post will be redacted to remove the sellers eBay ID.

What was the reason you chose for the case?

I'm going to take a guess here and say it was "I didn't receive it". The reason you lost the case was because you did receive something.

What you needed to open is a RETURN for Doesn't Match Pictures or Description. 

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will either say RETURN THIS ITEM or MORE ACTIONS. 

Next click doesn’t match pictures or description.

You may be required to upload a picture, after that you can click submit, complete return. 
Your seller has 2 days to issue a return label or refund, if by day 3 you don’t receive a return label or refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 

When the seller accepts your return, issues you a label, package the item and return it.
Once the return has been delivered to the seller, the seller has 2 days to refund. If that doesn't happen on day 3 you can ask eBay to step in for assistance.

If you can't open a return your only option would be to open a charge back through your credit card or PayPal whichever you used to pay for the item. You have 180 days through Paypal your credit card may offer the same time frame. 
Good luck. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@tengwang,

You bought the card back in early February, but are just now posting about the issue. Because of your country or registry, China, if you had the card sent to a freight forwarder, and it arrived at their location and received a delivered scan more than 30 days ago, that could be why you lost your dispute, if you filed a not as described one.

eBay's Money Back Guarantee protections only are good for up to 30 days after an item receives a Delivered scan.  So if the item was addressed to the freight forwarder, and received a delivered scan there, over 30 days ago.  That is why your dispute was closed in favor of the seller, and why the negative feedback you left the seller has been removed. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just to followup - freight fowarding does invalidate the moneyback guarantee as well.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You are right, thank you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

But if i bought 2 cards from this seller , seller didn't combine the shipping, but use the same tracking number.I  only got one card, what reason should i chose?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I  only got one card, what reason should i chose?

@tengwang 
 This: 
Item not as described/missing parts or pieces.  

Again, if it has been past the 30 days eBay allows, OR you used a Freight Forwarder you will lose any eBay claim.   I don't know about "redemption" cards, but with other sports cards you only have THREE DAYS (not 30) to file a not as described claim. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply