cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says I canceled but I did not.

I placed a snipe bid yesterday on something that ended at 2:13 pm EST today, and checked my gmail at 3:42 pm and the seller had canceled the order 24 minutes ago. On the listing it says that "buyer canceled the order" but I did not. I was just going to pay for it then, and evidently the seller is impatient.  Is there anything I can do now? I feel that was a bit unfair, I always pay for what I buy, and with almost 1800 positive feedack and 100% FB rating, you'd think the seller would have been more patient with me. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Seller says I canceled but I did not.

You'll never know whether the seller was impatient, just didn't get as much as they wanted, or cancelled for some other reason. But no, there's nothing you can do to get your item.

What you can, and should, do is report the seller for using a false reason for the cancellation. By saying it was buyer requested they avoided getting a defect on their account.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I'll hopefully see how to report this seller.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@transplantn 

If you paid for the item, you can leave appropriate feedback. If you leave feedback, say something to effect of, "Bidding didn't go high enough so seller canceled my purchase blaming me for cancellation."

Do NOT mention reporting or investigation.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

She relisted the item for $60 more than I won the auction for as her bottom dollar price. And when I try to report her, it says "invalid user ID, yet her 3 listing are still showing. She definitely doesn't care about my feelings, she was unhappy that I won the auction for $90.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I got her reported. Seller relisted the item for $150 base price after I won the auction for $90, then lied and said I asked to cancel the order. A very bad seller, IMHO. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Please leave the negative feedback that albertabright advised, this will warn other buyers, we do not need these kind of sellers on eBay.

We all make mistakes and while they should have honored the sale they would not want to take a loss, but that does not condone lying about the cancellation.

In doing so it suggests they know enough about eBay policy to avoid a defect and should know enough about policy to avoid errors like this in the first place..

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 7
latest reply