cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller relisted item not delivered, no communication at all!

What can be done when a seller relist your item that you won, paid for immediately and supposedly has sent to you but you have never received and has now listed on a new auction ( for almost double of what you paid)?

I bought a used clothing item on July 20th. I paid immediately. I've had no communication from the seller. This was even so prior to purchasing when I tried to ask for measurements. The item did not arrive when the auction stated it should have by July 31st. Therefore on August 2nd I question the sellar regarding a tracking number. On August 4th I sent through eBay system asking the seller where the item was and that I was still interested in receiving it. I understand from reading eBay's rules they have three days to respond. What can truly be done here seeing the seller has relisted the item for additional money? I did nothing wrong! I held to my end of the eBay rules. Now what I lose out?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You can file an item not received claim with ebay since it is past the due date and the seller apparently isn't cooperating.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

So then I'm out of getting the item? As well as the seller gets away with relisting items at Double the price? That seems a bit like a slap on the hand. If it was the other way around as the buyer and I didn't pay the hammer would come down hard on me.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@gldie wrote:

So then I'm out of getting the item? As well as the seller gets away with relisting items at Double the price? That seems a bit like a slap on the hand. If it was the other way around as the buyer and I didn't pay the hammer would come down hard on me.

all you would get is a non paying bidder:

they will get bit by you not getting your item... It will hurt their seller status.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@gldie wrote:

Apparently. But you will get your money back.

Not anything you can do to stop the seller from relisting or keeping them honest. The seller should have honored your sale and it's strange that they told you they were shipping your order but didn't and relisted it instead.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@gldie 

If the seller does not respond after 3 days, you can ask Ebay to step in to help you.

•     Find the item in your Purchase History
  •     Select See request details
  •     Select “Ask eBay to step in.”

If Ebay rules in your favor, the seller will get a defect on their account and you can leave appropriate feedback.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Sorry your money is safe if you file a claim you can get your money back.

eBay has no way of forcing seller of sensing you the item.

You can leave  factual feedback

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

was tracking entered and shown delivered????

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

They did it to another buyer as well. I can read the feedback that the person left the seller. It's within the same timeframe that I bought from them. 

It just stinks at sellers like this can continue to be on eBay and give a bad name to the site. When there's good sellers out there who I would rather be giving my money to.

I'm a very honest buyer!  I've actually gone back to sellers and asked them to charge me more for their shipping after I saw they had to pay more to ship to me than what the auction stated.  I've been on the selling end. So as a buyer, I have for sellers.  Plus it's just the right thing to do morally and ethically in life.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

No no tracking was ever entered. 3rd period when I requested it it was never given.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

There's no way to stop them from continuing to list on eBay?? EBay permits this sort of behavior? Does anybody know where I can report it?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@gldie wrote:

It just stinks at sellers like this can continue to be on eBay and give a bad name to the site. When there's good sellers out there who I would rather be giving my money to.

The world is full of unethical and morally corrupt people, so of course eBay will end up with some of them as both sellers and buyers. Apparently you haven't spent much time reading this forum because you seem so surprised at one bad seller and expect some form of punishment to them. You will be refunded in total so just wipe your hands and put this behind you. Go find a better seller. Best of luck to you....

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

You can report them:

but get your money back.... Use the resolution center to do so..

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/ 

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

As above, I would report the seller. It's not on for a seller to relist an item already sold, perhaps because they weren't happy with the price it went for. As you've noticed they've done it to someone else, even within the same timeframe as you, this seller obviously has no conscience and shouldn't be on Ebay. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Leave this seller appropriate feedback,& file a item not received request for a full payment refund.

It appears Ebay's hammer may be too lightweight to effectively do a great  job 

Be healthy, be safe

Message 15 of 17
latest reply