cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller poses as Ebay seller-orders from Amazon Prime &ships to you. He profits you get screwed.

Your previous message

According to original tracking, this item was supposed to have been delivered to my front door several days ago 05-08-21..
250 Pieces - Car Fuses Assortment Kit, Blade-type Automotive Fuses FREE SHIPPING
monadev61 (5)
Item Condition
New
Sale Date
May 05, 2021
Quantity
Price
US $24.15
It was NOT. Today (05-12-21) I received an update that it was delivered today. I checked and the only thing that was delivered was an empty, opened Amazon Prime envelope that contained a receipt for the item that was not in the opened, empty Amazon Prime envelope. There are two problems:
1. I still do not have the fuses.
2. Why did it come from Amazon. If I wanted to buy from Amazon, I would have ordered from Amazon.
I will once again contact Ebay to question why they allow sellers to list items on Ebay that will be processed through Amazon. I think this form of selling is deceptive at best. Either send a refund or the fuses.  I have sent numerous messages to the seller, including photos at the sellers request.  The sellers final solution, I should report it to the police.  Trying to resolve this issue with Ebay resolution center has proven to be a JOKE.  
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Seller poses as Ebay seller-orders from Amazon Prime &ships to you. He profits you get scre

@indarts 

Go to the resolution center below and select, the item doesn't match the description.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Seller poses as Ebay seller-orders from Amazon Prime &ships to you. He profits you get scre

Thanks, I will try it.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@kensgiftshop is right. I would open an INAD case. Also I did a bit of research and amazon is a online retailer. So what your buyer is doing is against eBay's selling policies 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/drop-shipping?id=4176

Drop shipping, where you fulfill orders directly from a wholesale supplier, is allowed on eBay. However, listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not allowed on eBay.

So the seller is going to feel the wrath of ebay

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@whattheactualfox wrote:

@kensgiftshop is right. I would open an INAD case. Also I did a bit of research and amazon is a online retailer. So what your buyer is doing is against eBay's selling policies 

It depends.

Some sellers sell here and on Amazon and they have Amazon store and ship their orders, which is fine to do.

If they are listing here, selling, then buying from Amazon and having them ship to their customer, then that is against policy.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I agree.

On Amazon it is called Multi Channel Fulfillment. It is the seller's inventory, but they sell on both platforms, Ebay and Amazon, for example, and pay fees to Amazon to process shipments from their warehouse(s).

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

They are not supposed to do that.  However, it in NO way prevents you from filing an item not as described case in the resolution center. Link at lower right of page.  It's still an eBay case no matter how or where the seller sent it from.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Receiving parcels from Amazon in response to purchases made here on eBay from eBay sellers has happened to me at least 3 times in the past 18 months.   I didn't complain because I got the merchandise but I did think it was odd and, I felt, a bit unethical.  I specifically don't support Amazon whenever possible to support a seller elsewhere so I felt betrayed when I saw that the sellers I was supporting were, in fact, supporting Amazon on my dime.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

...wrath of eBay! Thanks for my first big laugh of the day!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Make sure that you ship back the empty packaging when requesting a return..ONLY ship to the address ebay provides.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply