cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller on ebay

Some ebay seller reported me as non-payer after I bid on their auction and once I tried to pay for it I was told the seller does not ship to Europe. Then I asked the seller to set it up so I can pay and have the goods shipped to Europe and they reported me as non-payer to ebay. So I was unable to bid on other auctions. This is how you lose sales on ebay. By your fellow sellers. The seller does not make any sense. If you look at their messages sent to me, they are unrelated and they absolutely are clueless. The seller says they do ship to Europe, but their settings do not allow me to even pay for the won items! Then the seller reports me as non-payer.

Another ebay seller wrote they are taking a long vacation of several months in hopes when they return ebay magically will be allowing shipping to Europe. Wow.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Seller on ebay

If you couldn't pay, did you ask the seller if they would cancel the order?

It could be the item itself that couldn't be shipped to your country.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks, yes, I would usually ask to cancel if it was a mistake etc, but I am always serious to bid and to pay and I wanted the items. I contacted the seller who confirmed to me that they DO SHIP to Europe and thus I initiated a communication of several days with them while bidding on more auction s of theirs and I asked the seller in my messages  to wait until I win the next couple day's auctions so they can combine shipping and I also asked them to change their settings so they can deliver it to Europe. I even have a backup plan to send to a friend in the U.S. but that's very costly. Finally I thought after all the auctions are over in less than a week I will pay one way or another and have them shipped to me tin the EU or to my friend in the US. The seller just reported me to ebay as non-payer without waiting until I finish bidding on their multiple auctions, thus they lost a potential up to several thousands in sales, while they two items I so far won were like just over $20 worth together. They said they do combine shipping and thus I was sure the seller is going to wait for me to finish bidding on their handful of auctions. What a surprise!

P.S. The items can be shipped anywhere in the world. This report as non-payer prevented me also bidding on many other auctions on ebay potentially cancelling tens of thousands of dollars in buy-it-now sales and higher bids for ebay sellers.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If they knew you were bidding on other items and waiting until they were over, they might not have canceled the orders.

They might have their account set up to where Ebay will automatically cancel orders after 4 days.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@banknotes_1,

When you find a listing from a seller in a different country, before bidding on it click on the Shipping, returns and payments button on the listing page.  When that section opens there should be a drop down option to see what countries a seller will ship to. If Portugal is not on that list, contact the seller BEFORE bidding on or committing to buy their items, to ask if they will ship to Europe or your country or not.  Some inexperienced sellers may intend to ship abroad, but do not set up an international shipping option for doing that, and because of that they can't accept payments from foreign buyers.

Don't you think it is a bit harsh to write a title like the one you used? The seller could be posting on their site's selling board using the same title but with Buyers as the first word, because one didn't check the shipping information.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I did in fact contact the seller before I bid and they confirmed that they do ship to Europe. The problem appeared after the auction was over and it was time to pay. The fact I was allowed to bid means they do ship to Europe, otherwise the auction would not allow me to bid. It's a long story, but after extensive communication with the seller I can keep the heading. The seller once wrote to me (as a buyer) to join some extended shipping which is only use for sellers.

Here's my message to the seller (they did state they do ship to Europe, but probably have no idea how to set it up):

"Unfortunately, this seller will not ship to your location. Please update your shipping address or contact the seller to request order total."

"I am unable to pay for the two item i won, because of the above message I get when I try to pay!"

The seller replied:

"pls enrol to global shipping on ebay"

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Here's another message from seller:

hi
u have sent me offer for (private)
do u want to buy them
(private)

The seller refused a reasonable offer, then sent me this message above. Any sane seller would do that?

Also, their ebay listing has a photo of different items than their description and quantity in the photo is 20 but the description describes only one (1) item and with a different quality.  The seller then sent me corrected description by private message but refused to correct their listing (ignored my request to list the items with a corrected description). Those were different items, not the ones I bid on. So after I won two items I tried to bid on these with incorrect description etc. and on some other ones and asked them to wait a couple days Until I gather more wins so they can combine shipping, and then I got reported as non-payer.

Perhaps that seller is shady, who knows. They have noticed I may be hard to scam and decided to report me just to mess my bids.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hard to say what really happened.

Seller probably read those other feedbacks you "left to other sellers"...even if they are old.

And not sure of the value of the item. Sellers have to be carful...and will be carful these days.

And you do not a lot of feedbacks lately....no trail of purchases recently.

If it was a few dollars I would ship it...but if it was a lot of money I wouldn't....just my own opinion...my own opinion.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The reason you came up with is incorrect, but since you're pro-seller, I understand where you stand. I don't buy or sell much on ebay, so my feedback is small. Too many problems buying on ebay because sellers do not know how to handle their store settings. And they make it too complicated for the buyer, and then they come and complain that there are no ebay sales. Gladly I don't have to depend on ebay's purchases. I like to do fair and just business. Seller knows I am trustworthy, but is the seller trustworthy that's another question. They used to email me and offer me stuff at exorbitant prices. I could spend a lot on ebay if I wanted, but every time there's a problem I report it on this forum and that further discourages me (and many other buyers) spending on ebay. But I already submitted an appeal for the cancellation record.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I am also a pro-buyer. I just don't sell. I buy a lot on eBay...and check sellers and buyers "feedbacks".

We don't know the sale of cost or anything of this. Sellers do check out buyers...a fact of life.

I have no problem with sales so I guess I am a lucky dude.

Buyers have more power to ask for a refund than a seller saying it isn't right.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply